AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A5 / S5 / RS 5 Coupe & Cabrio (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs-5-coupe-cabrio-219/)
-   -   2019 Audi S5 Sportback custom order deal? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs-5-coupe-cabrio-219/2019-audi-s5-sportback-custom-order-deal-2965740/)

scottystang 01-18-2019 06:31 AM

2019 Audi S5 Sportback custom order deal?

Hi everyone,

I currently drive a 2016 Cadillac ATS and my lease is up soon. My top choice so far is the 2019 Audi S5 Sportback. I'm rather particular with how I want it configured and as a result, there are no dealers around me that have the exact configuration, which is the following.

2019 Audi S5 Sportback, Premium Plus TFSI Tiptronic
  • Exterior: Navarra Blue metallic
  • Interior: Fine Nappa leather in Magma Red
  • Black optic plus package
  • S sport package
  • Carbon Atlas inlays
  • Bang & Olufsen Sound System with 3D sound
  • Dynamic steering

If I go the custom order route, I'm told this could take up to 4 months. I'm willing to wait for what I want, but think I'll be able to negotiate a decent deal? I'm looking at a 10k mile lease for 39 months with $3k down. Curious of what my monthly payments would be and the overall purchase price if it would be "worse" compared to buying something off the lot, which I'm assuming would have a better deal attached.

Anyone else go the custom order route for a new S5 Sportback?

Thanks!

- Scott

Nikon1 01-19-2019 05:27 AM

You are probably stuck between a rock and a hard place as the 2019 S5’s — all models — have just started hitting dealerships over the last couple of weeks. This means there isn’t the discount on a model that’s been sitting on the dealers lot for 3 to 6 months.

In your self-described situation, I would go the “order what you want” and negotiate your best deal. Many dealers will not even require a “good faith” deposit unless you are ordering a custom color or something outside of the “normal loaded S5.”

Good Luck.

— John

scottystang 01-20-2019 01:47 PM

Yup, I think you're right. My custom build is $66,690 and for a 10k mile lease for 39 months is $997/mo. before excise tax and insurance (live in MA). Woah - that's a big payment. They said to expect 6% off of MSRP, so I think that will lower the cost by $4k or so. Looks like I might build a less optioned car to reduce the MSRP, something like the following.

Exterior: Navarra Blue metallic
Interior: Fine Nappa leather in Magma Red
Carbon Atlas inlays

That configuration would be about $59k before the magical "6% off". I'm hoping that brings payments in the mid-600's, but we'll see.

farmerjones 01-20-2019 01:55 PM

These cars are very expensive to lease, really costing far more per month than is logical. Reducing your MSRP by $7,000 will bring your payment down into the 800 range, but no where near the mid-600s I'm afraid

scottystang 01-20-2019 02:15 PM

Forgot to mention I’ll be putting $3k down. Could do as much as $5k, but more than that is silly for a lease.

I can build a loaded S3 for $50k. Maybe that’s a better option to get to mid-600’s for monthly payment, but the S5 is so much sweeter.

SCarGuy 01-20-2019 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by scottystang (Post 25263514)
Hi everyone,

I currently drive a 2016 Cadillac ATS and my lease is up soon. My top choice so far is the 2019 Audi S5 Sportback. I'm rather particular with how I want it configured and as a result, there are no dealers around me that have the exact configuration, which is the following.

• Exterior: Navarra Blue metallic
  • Interior: Fine Nappa leather in Magma Red
  • Black optic plus package
  • S sport package
  • Carbon Atlas inlays
  • Bang & Olufsen Sound System with 3D sound
  • Dynamic steering

If I go the custom order route, I'm told this could take up to 4 months. I'm willing to wait for what I want, but think I'll be able to negotiate a decent deal? I'm looking at a 10k mile lease for 39 months with $3k down. Curious of what my monthly payments would be and the overall purchase price if it would be "worse" compared to buying something off the lot, which I'm assuming would have a better deal attached.

Anyone else go the custom order route for a new S5 Sportback?

Thanks!

- Scott

I’m on the dealer side of things.

no one is going to quote you a lease price per month for a car that’s 3 - 4 months (at least) away. Programs change on a monthly basis. The price of the car itself can be negotiated as a % discount off the price...but even the car price and option pricing is a moving target until it’s in the US, as any manufacturer reserves the right to update pricing when they want. Doesn’t happen often, but it happens.

The deal as far as dealer discount also won’t really be remarkably any better nor worse for an order vs stock tbh. In stock might mean you compromise a little on the total package but you enjoy the car sooner. Special order means you get exactly what you want, but on a delayed basis. What can change are incentives which you qualify for.

You can’t build a loaded S3 for $50k, it would be a modest one. A $50k S3 is most definitely not mid $600’s per month, especially once taxes are factored in. An A4 if similar pricing is barely there and that car has a much higher residual.

The argument could easily be made that money down on any lease is foolish, but that’s a separate conversation.

scottystang 02-09-2019 04:41 PM

Update: I pulled the trigger on a 2019 Audi S5 Sportback and managed 11.5% off MSRP! VERY happy with the deal I got! Here are the specs.

Exterior: Quantum Gray
Carbon Atlas inlays
Cold weather package
Bang & Olufsen Sound System with 3D sound

jd2828 02-15-2019 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by scottystang (Post 25274079)
Update: I pulled the trigger on a 2019 Audi S5 Sportback and managed 11.5% off MSRP! VERY happy with the deal I got! Here are the specs.

Exterior: Quantum Gray
Carbon Atlas inlays
Cold weather package
Bang & Olufsen Sound System with 3D sound

Great. Hope I can do that good with a RS 5 sportback. Looking soon to buy. But realize my indoor parking space is tight already with A7. I see the width ion the RS 5 is 79.9" and the A7 is 75.2." Going to be tough.

chicago_marketing 02-15-2019 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by jd2828 (Post 25276738)
Great. Hope I can do that good with a RS 5 sportback. Looking soon to buy. But realize my indoor parking space is tight already with A7. I see the width ion the RS 5 is 79.9" and the A7 is 75.2." Going to be tough.

You won't be able to get 11% off an RS anything unless it's a 2018 model. The most folks have been receiving are anywhere from MSRP to 6% off, and most have had existing relationships with dealers. You would be able to get a better deal on current MY A6/A7 than an RS model.

jd2828 02-15-2019 12:48 PM

Thanks for the barginning advice.