BH: A5 1.8 B8 Shifting delay and hesitation at 1st gear

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default BH: A5 1.8 B8 Shifting delay and hesitation at 1st gear

Hi all,

I don't know if this is normal or not, but I’m suffering with this lag which does not happen always but most of the times, it happens on an intermittent basis (car in "D"), when I come to a rolling stop or a full stop. After the stop, I either take my foot off the brake and let the car begin to roll, or take my foot off the brake and gently depress the gas pedal.

In both cases, instead of the car beginning to move forward, it seems to hesitate for a second or slightly more than a second. During that time, it seems to build a few hundred revs. Then all of a sudden the car pops into gear and jumps forward with a slight kick, from that point it drives normally until another full stop.

Note: this subject was posted before by other users experiencing the same issue but without any clear answers considering that I have recently changed the following in my car ( engine mounts, spark plugs, engine oil and turbo boost valve.

I would really appreciate any suggestion on how to terminate or reduce this issue.

Thanks
The following users liked this post:
Hawka (04-18-2022)
Old 04-18-2022, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yazan Kinany
Hi all,

I don't know if this is normal or not, but I’m suffering with this lag which does not happen always but most of the times, it happens on an intermittent basis (car in "D"), when I come to a rolling stop or a full stop. After the stop, I either take my foot off the brake and let the car begin to roll, or take my foot off the brake and gently depress the gas pedal.

In both cases, instead of the car beginning to move forward, it seems to hesitate for a second or slightly more than a second. During that time, it seems to build a few hundred revs. Then all of a sudden the car pops into gear and jumps forward with a slight kick, from that point it drives normally until another full stop.

Note: this subject was posted before by other users experiencing the same issue but without any clear answers considering that I have recently changed the following in my car ( engine mounts, spark plugs, engine oil and turbo boost valve.

I would really appreciate any suggestion on how to terminate or reduce this issue.

Thanks
Hi,
I have exactly the same issue with my Audi A5 1.8 tfsi. The car has only done 45k miles. I even changed gearbox oil, it didnt help! Have you found any solution?

Thanks