A5 S-line 3.2L ENGINE LIGHT

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A5 S-line 3.2L ENGINE LIGHT

Hi,

I have recently purchased my 2009 A5 S-line. The engine light just came on, however the car seems to be running perfectly without any seeming issues. Any ideas what it could be?

Also are there any cables you can buy to be able to hook it up and find out from the fault codes?

Cheers.
Old 01-03-2019, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Just a follow up. It appears the issue causing the engine light was the fact that I have been putting 95 premium unleaded fuel (What its called here in Australia), whereas I needed to put 98 ultimate unleaded fuel.

Strange, because I could have sworn in the manual it said minimum 95.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

another update.

Nope 95 petrol is just fine. hooked it up to the diagnostic, shows a throttle error. P0068. manifold absolute pressure sensor(MAP)/mass airflow sensor(MAF)/throttle position correlation.

probably the sensor needs changing but who knows. might have to take it to the mechanic.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default another update

Took the car to mechanic who connected it to the diagnostics and the following codes came up.

P2070 Intake manifold tuning valve bank 1 stuck open
P307A Intake system airflow too low
P0068 Map/Maf throttle position correlation

I did a bit of research and it appears it might be caused due to carbon build up in the hose connected to the air filter or else leaks.

No one seems to comment, anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-16-2019, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by amirmehrabi
Took the car to mechanic who connected it to the diagnostics and the following codes came up.

I did a bit of research and it appears it might be caused due to carbon build up in the hose connected to the air filter or else leaks.

I wish I could help bud. I recently had a similar issue. Purchased an 2010 S5 on Thursday, engine light/EPC light/coolant level light on Saturday and Sunday. I took it back to the dealership and they "stated" the they replaced water pump and a plastic pipe underneath the manifold. I did notice when I took it back to them my coolant was being used drastically. I filled the resivor up before I left for the dealership, and when I arrived it was below the fill line. I did communicate that to them when I dropped it off. However, I have not checked the level since returning but will check tommorrow as I'm smelling antifreeze again. They could have just messed with the sensors, they could have fixed my problems, or I could be mistaken on the antifreeze I'm starting to smell.

Lastly, no one really responds here. I posted the same question (with some small wording changes), in two different areas an no one has responded to my post.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yeh I wonder if there are any better audi forums with more active members.

in any case its hard to know what exactly is causing your issues. One thing you can do is use this (or something similar) 15 dollar bluetooth OBDII scanner and google the fault codes its giving you: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/173707405608
Old 01-19-2019, 04:44 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Just a couple of suggestions that might get you some help:

1) If you look at the top of this sub-forum for your car models you’ll see two additional sub-forums. They are for the same Audi Models but broken down by generation — B8 for the older models & B9 for the latest model years. You may get help if you post your questions / concerns in the correct sub-forums.

2) You are requesting help with specific faults / problems that AudiWorld members may not have seen.

I’m just trying to be as helpful as I can be — but since your cars are before my Audi ownership started, I can’t provide any other information that may be helpful.

— John
Old 02-10-2024, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Did you fixed the p2070?.

Originally Posted by amirmehrabi