Armrest repair

Old 11-28-2018, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Armrest repair

Anyone ever have repair cracked armrest? The material covering my driver's side armrest has cracked and in need of repair. I'm thinking that it shouldn't be much of a DIY project, but wanted to see of anyone on here has performed this task. If you have, please share some tips on materials, methods, etc.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot depends on how it's made. If there is a covering material that has cracked that's one thing. If it's all molded in one piece with the door panel that's another. You don't say what year or model but if fairly recent I'd hit the parts dept at the dealer and see if that part is still available. The other choice is to find "an old time auto upholstery shop/guy/gal". Some of them from the old days are artists and can do anything, unlike today's "mechanics" who are nothing but parts changers. So the answer to if you can do it yourself depends on how it's put together and if you can get parts. The old time shop can usually get matching materials and get it done.