BLASPHEMY, i know. AST on RS5 advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default BLASPHEMY, i know. AST on RS5 advice

for whatever personal reasons, will likely be swapping out summer tires for all season tires on the 2019 RS5 come winter. and will probably keep those on for next summer instead of switching back to the oem summer tires it came with.
was originally planning to buy tirerack wheel/tire combo and do it myself, but now with the direct TPMS on the 2019 models, figure i'd have to go into the dealership anyways to get it synced. so with this in mind, i was thinking of buying michelin pilot sport a/s 3+ tires on tire rack, keep my wheels, and just bring the tires to the dealership and have them install it. i have the 20" 275/30 flag design wheels that came with the black optics (or was it dynamic) package.
1) will the dealership swap out tires i purchase myself from tire rack?
2) do you ship the tires to your house or would you ship directly to dealer. i have slight preference for having the tires shipped to me so i can examine them (plus the sportback should have enough trunk space for transporting the tires)
3) how are audi dealerships in general with regard to scratching your rims (my paranoia was the initial reason i didn't want someone else swapping out just tires)
appreciate the advice. (and thanks in advance to moe and mra5sb, seems like we all just recently received the car and always appreciate input on this exciting journey)
Old 06-01-2019, 08:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

Being in Houston I have never had to deal with switching out my summer tires, so I am afraid I wont be of much help. FWIW I have always just purchased replacement tires at discount tire and had them balance and mount it with no issues.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your're not alone. I live in Florida and also changed to all seasons because I go to New England a lot and the high performance summer tires turn into hockey pucks when the temp drops below 40. I don't know why your dealer (or another) wouldn't install new tires for you and as a courtesy, allow you to ship the tires directly to them. And, I would assume, they have lots of experience mounting tires on expensive rims. But, you'll have to ask them. Last set I bought (21's for my SQ5) I had shipped to a mobile installer who put them on in my parking lot.