EPC/Engine light/Coolant light = water splitter under manifold??

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EPC/Engine light/Coolant light = water splitter under manifold??

Hello Everyone,

A little guidance if you please...

I purchased an 2010 Audi S5 prestige with 75k miles on Thursday January 3rd, on Saturday I received an EPC warning. I texted the sales manager and he stated "Nothing to worry about, it will reset after a couple of key stokes." Sunday morning heading to work the EPC light was still on, in addition to the Engine light. Driving home Monday still with the engine light on, I received a coolant level warning. I parked it and got a rental from Turo. On the way home Tuesday I picked up G13 coolant from the dealer although it says G12 on the coolant cap. I asked the sales manager about it, and he said using it was fine, as that's what was in the vehicle previously. I filled up the coolant and dropped of the vehicle Tuesday night. Today, Friday the 11th, I emailed the sales manager asking for an update. He stated they are doing a test drive now and should be ready today. The cause according to his email was a "Water splitter under the manifold"???. I asked was that also the cause of the engine light and EPC light, he states, " Yes, dripping on the sensor."

This my 1st car purchase since 1998, and also my 1st Audi. My 93' Mazda 626 ended with 317,288 miles. However, although this is my 1st Audi, I'm skeptical about his answers. Can anyone give me a little insight here, thanks.