Remote Start 2018 S5 SB

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 01:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's cool Steve. Let me know when you post the vid ,so I can view it.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I just installed Fortin's remote start on my 2010 A5 cabriolet. it was a plug and play and you didn't need to lose a key
Old 02-23-2019, 04:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It went well Bob. Kind of��

i had the hardest time with programming. I didn’t wait until I had just a blue light before continuing so things didn’t finish. Then I struggled to pull the data link cable out.

But everything is working. It’s interesting I need to unlock with the fob when the car has been remote started.

12volt will post the video if they like it and get my consent. That should happen next week.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It’s funny you mention Fortin. Part of the 12volt.solutions kit contains a Fortin device.

I think after a certain year a key is required for many of the installs.

For the heck of it I put in my car of the Fortin website. The kit I needed would have required me to splice wires. I wouldn’t want to try that.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had the same issue Steve, mostly because I didn't read the part about the blue light. I re-did it ,and it worked fine. It's a bit disappointing not being able to use fobless entry to enter the car. But it works once the remote start is disengaged , so i can live with it.

Let me know about the vid.
Old 02-25-2019, 04:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey Steve I forgot to ask if you got the app.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

No, I didn't buy it. 12volt wasn't 100% sure the starter would work since I was the guinea pig for the 2019 S5.

I can use the key to remote-start it just fine at home. I really need the app for when I'm at work.

I will more than likely get the app in the next few weeks. I watched the install video for it and it looks simple enough...
Old 02-27-2019, 09:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Bob, the video is up. It's a combination of my video and some others that 12volt thought would be a good example of an install. If I had to do the video over I'd have made it more polished for sure. I was more wanting to finish up in the cold!

The smartphone module is on its way. It should be here Friday so I'll put it in on Saturday. I've going to have to play the game of trying to sync the new module to the Fortin
Old 03-01-2019, 07:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

They did a good job of blending the vids Steve. The vid will be very helpful especially since no specific instructions are included with the product.

Good luck with the modules install. Let us know how the installation goes.

What is the Fortin you are syncing to?
Old 03-02-2019, 03:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The smartphone module was easy to install and works well. The package includes some type of cellular antenna and a connector that ties into the 12volt system. I didn’t need to take anything apart from my initial install at all last weekend.

Bob, my 12volt setup included 3 main items. The harness, the key holder and then a Fortin module that needed the “programming”. I tied the cellular antenna into the Fortin module and had to link it to the car.

if you go to YouTube and watch the various smartphone install videos you’ll see that 12volt seems to use many different types of modules with their plug and play remote starters.

whats interesting is that Fortin sells their own remote starter for many vehicles. For my car the Fortin solution would have required splicing some wires. The 12volt was truly plug and play.

Quick Reply: Remote Start 2018 S5 SB