Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

UK: 2010 Audi A5 (Diesel) - Wont start after Fuel Pump Pressure Regulator replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK: 2010 Audi A5 (Diesel) - Wont start after Fuel Pump Pressure Regulator replacement

My car was extremely low on fuel. After a short stop then start, I noticed the car was shaking at idle. I needed to fill up in which I did. Car was still shaking. I bought a cheap scan tool off Amazon and got code 05175. The web said to replace something called "Fuel Pump Pressure Regulator". See red circle in image; only held by two screws.

I replaced the old with new. Car started for few seconds then shuts off. I tried starting but it never seems to start. Switched back to old, can wont start. I head I need to "bleed" or remove trapped air. How to do this? Do I need the VCDS scan tool as in
?

Old 01-26-2019, 02:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SpeedyA5
My car was extremely low on fuel. After a short stop then start, I noticed the car was shaking at idle. I needed to fill up in which I did. Car was still shaking. I bought a cheap scan tool off Amazon and got code 05175. The web said to replace something called "Fuel Pump Pressure Regulator". See red circle in image; only held by two screws.

I replaced the old with new. Car started for few seconds then shuts off. I tried starting but it never seems to start. Switched back to old, can wont start. I head I need to "bleed" or remove trapped air. How to do this? Do I need the VCDS scan tool as in this video?

Have you managed to start it? What did you do?I am having the same problem after running without fuel because of second fuel pump disconnection.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

No, sorry. I wasnt in the country so it was left at home for 4 months. It's now in the garage for 2 weeks and they cannot find the issue 🤔So far they have replaced 3 fuel injectors that were leaking but car still wont start. Once fixed. I'll update.
Old 02-05-2020, 10:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi Speedy Did you manage to get the problem fixed? any update of what was wrong ? having the same issue.
Old 03-05-2023, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default I have the same problem

Originally Posted by SpeedyA5

I replaced the old with new. Car started for few seconds then shuts off. I tried starting but it never seems to start. Switched back to old, can wont start. I head I need to "bleed" or remove trapped air. How to do this? Do I need the VCDS scan tool as in this video?

....what was the problem?
Old 03-06-2024, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Audi fuel pump regulator

Hi I’m having exact issues, replaced switch and started then cut out and can’t get going again, wondering did you get to the bottom of the problem?