Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2014 Audi RS-5 (Need some Turbo Advice) B8

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Audi RS-5 (Need some Turbo Advice) B8

Currently I have installed the Akrapovic Evo Titanium Exhaust System. I have the AWE Steel Mid-Pipes not installed and on stand-by (brand new in original packaging), but regret purchasing. I plan to purchase the Eventuri Intake System and would like to know the best way to turbo/supercharge my vehicle. My ECU has upgraded software from APR, but everything else is still stock. I've recently decided to want to supercharge my car but I do not know which system to adopt. I would like decent continuous flow of power both top/bottom end. My goal is to reach at least 650 hp. I understand that I would need to dyno and upload again on my ECU. Please give me some advice on how to go about doing this. My budget is fairly high and I would like "top-of-the-line" performance parts. If somebody wants to purchase my AWE mid-pipes, which are brand new and still in original packaging, I will be willing to negotiate.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is no commercially-available turbo kit for the RS5. I just spent the weekend under my RS5 servicing both sides of the transmission and rear differential and it'd be a tight fit. There's really no room for the turbos in a low mount twin turbo kit. Maybe up top but it'd be really tight. Plus the heat. It'd be easier to swap in the 4.0L TT out of the S6. It will actually bolt right in but you will need more than a few custom parts and of course someone to hack the entire control system to get the ECU/TCU to work with the new engine. The S6 uses the same S-Tronic 7-speed DL501 transmission.

As for the supercharger kits, there's only one available now, the PES roots-type. The software is **** and you'll need a custom ECU and TCU tune from someone else. The hardware appears to be solid but they do not have the tuning worked out. You've been warned! PES-TUNING.COM

There are two other kits in the works. The first is from Addict Motorsports and it may be done some time in December. They currently make very nice kits for the S5 and B7 RS4. It's a roots-type as well so the packaging is tidy and it may work with the Eventuri intake. https://www.fastaudi.com/store/AMD-S...-Kit-p56360214

The second kit in the works is from JHM and there's no ETA on it. Could be a year or two from now for all we know. What JHM does have is a tune that actually works. I have it and stage 1 made 25 wheel hp more than stock. Stage two, which is a TCU tune, unlocks even more hp. I'm guessing another 20hp. The OEM transmission (TCU) tune shuts the party down if you exceed an expected torque threshold. Stage 1 is very noticeable by butt dyno standards and JHM has turned an 11.9 in the 1/4 mile although no one has been able to duplicate that feat yet. I'm working on, LOL. https://jhmotorsports.com/products/e...l-fsi-32v.html

The JHM Stage 1 tune will produce about 3x what the AWE tune provides.

As far as the Eventuri, I'd wait and see what sort of SC kit you go with. I've dyno tested the Eventuri and I've not been able to prove it actually makes hp. I made more with the OEM airboxes and K&N drop-in filters.

There are a ton of RS5 owners over on the audizine forum. All kinds of info over there. Stop in and say hi.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have truly given me a wealth of information. I thank you for your time in delivering me this. You've just saved me a lot of time and money.