Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

A5 2.0T Stasis Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A5 2.0T Stasis Exhaust

Hey, I've been hunting around and checked out a few youtube clips of the Stasis cat back exhaust. It sounds incredible. The problem is that their website sucks and Europaparts.com has the kist for the A4 2.0 but not the A5. Does anyone know if they did make one for the A5 or if it's the same part #? I'm gonna contact them for more info but this exhaust really sounds great. I hope they do come out with it.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

While the A4 and A5 share the same platform and many of the same parts, their physical dimensions are different so I highly doubt that the part # for the STaSIS exhaust is the same for the A5 as it is for the A4.

You mentioned the STaSIS website sucks. What info are you looking for?

http://www.stasisengineering.com/sigSeries_a5.php

From that page, click on the performance icon and you will see that the exhaust is indeed available for the 2.0T A5.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey, Thanks for getting back at me. I was on what i thought was the same site earlier and i went to new products and all around and i couldn't get anything to come up. Maybe the site was down. It was just showing the header. I just basically wanna to see if they make it for the 2.0T A5 and how much basically. It does look like my dealership is a authorized dealer so i will give them a call. Thanks though.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SweetA5420
Hey, Thanks for getting back at me. I was on what i thought was the same site earlier and i went to new products and all around and i couldn't get anything to come up. Maybe the site was down. It was just showing the header. I just basically wanna to see if they make it for the 2.0T A5 and how much basically. It does look like my dealership is a authorized dealer so i will give them a call. Thanks though.
Why didn't you buy an S5 in the first place? Why buying a lesser or lower model vehicle just to end up chipping and modding it expecting to bring numbers towards the already set S5? I will never understand certain things and certain people out there.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

To be fair, there was no mention of any intent on making his/her A5 into an S5. Exhaust on the 2.0T provides minimal performance gains, so perhaps the OP simply wants to improve the sound of the car? It's easy to recommend that someone buys an S5, but we all know that cost is a common prohibiting factor.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

In the market for the exact same thing. Have done a bit of research and talked to a dealer. The part definitely exists and the dealer I talked to quoted me around 2K for the parts and labor, that doesn't include tax.

That price is with the standard 3.2 rear valance (which is necessary because the exhaust converts the 2.0 single sided to a dual set up) When I do it I'm going to order the S-Line rear valance which adds like $200 I believe.

They recently did an install that he showed me and it looked great.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ROCBOY
Why didn't you buy an S5 in the first place? Why buying a lesser or lower model vehicle just to end up chipping and modding it expecting to bring numbers towards the already set S5? I will never understand certain things and certain people out there.
Hey, I bought the cheapest model cause honestly for me it's a commuter car. I have a company truck that now cause of lack of work has to be at the shop every night and my travel is 70 miles each way. Plus the fact that i had a escalade ext that got like 12 mpg. This car is gorgeous and gets great gas mileage. Back to the subject at hand i actually called my dealer also as it seems they are the authorized dealer of Stasis and got around the same price. He did say that it will not sound like the clip i heard on youtube. He said that was a 3.2 but did say that all the ones installed have gotten rave reviews as far as tone. The only thing i'm gonna change rather then get the stock valence is i'm gonna get the much more expensive
Rieger rear valence. It is like $500 or $600 but to me it looks a lot nicer. If i find a sound clip of the 2.0 with that exhaust i will post the link.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ItsDubC
To be fair, there was no mention of any intent on making his/her A5 into an S5. Exhaust on the 2.0T provides minimal performance gains, so perhaps the OP simply wants to improve the sound of the car? It's easy to recommend that someone buys an S5, but we all know that cost is a common prohibiting factor.
do you ever sleep? take a break for lunch? breakfast?? you sound like the drunk at the bus story after story.. commenting in every single thread,

tiptronic anything + meteor grey = shhit for brains owner
Old 05-05-2010, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SweetA5420
Here's the direct link to the exhaust page: http://www.stasisengineering.com/sig...tegory=exhaust

Cost = $1495

You could also look at the AWE exhaust. Dual-tip on driver side is around $750 and the dual-outlet (same look as 3.2 exhaust) is just under $1000, but you have to buy the body parts to have it fit. AWE has a full kit to do it. It would cost you less than the Stasis exhaust
Old 05-05-2010, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by spaniardone
do you ever sleep? take a break for lunch? breakfast?? you sound like the drunk at the bus story after story.. commenting in every single thread,

tiptronic anything + meteor grey = shhit for brains owner
It's easy to resort to ad hominem attacks when you have nothing else to go by. Sorry my knowledge and knack for common courtesy is ruining the fun you're having trying to rile ppl up in this forum. GTFO

Quick Reply: A5 2.0T Stasis Exhaust