Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

ADS+ Sport Differential or just the sport differential?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 05:47 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

quick question: with only the Sport Diferential ordered ( no ADS ) would the tiptronic version of the S5 come with the S mode?
Old 04-26-2010, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Of course, you need both I'd never give up, my ADS in my '09.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

If you read the other forums there is a way to get ADS working without paying all the cash we did. You just cant change it with a button when ordered. I say lots of added options that can be enabled. Don't understand why Audi is Hobbling our cars if they want us to buy another down the road. Here's the other forum. Im ordering my cable today. just to get the freakin windows to roll down automatically. Summer is coming. If you are unsure how to do this then find some qualified who can. Don't Blame me if you mess your car up.

Originally Posted by acadia
Of course, you need both I'd never give up, my ADS in my '09.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

so what exactly did you order for your car? Colors? Options?
Old 04-26-2010, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by s5forum
If you read the other forums there is a way to get ADS working without paying all the cash we did. You just cant change it with a button when ordered. I say lots of added options that can be enabled. Don't understand why Audi is Hobbling our cars if they want us to buy another down the road. Here's the other forum. Im ordering my cable today. just to get the freakin windows to roll down automatically. Summer is coming. If you are unsure how to do this then find some qualified who can. Don't Blame me if you mess your car up.
I don't think that is true, because the actual physical equipment is missing no? How would you adjust the suspension, yes, things like throttle response could be changed, but where it's actual physical equipment that's being changed I don't think this possible.

Kind of like no matter what you wanted to do you can't get sport differential without the actual sport differential equipment.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thought so also until i downloaded VAG com for dummies yesterday. Search the other site and get your cc ready to buy that cable. Lots of different options in the car but inactive state. BAD AUDI HQ MARKETING. I asked if my windows rolled down like my Cayman and was told no. BS. They could plug in their VAG COM device and set these 1 and 0's to what we want since I thought we bought the car not leased it. Some folks already have accomplished this.

Originally Posted by acadia
I don't think that is true, because the actual physical equipment is missing no? How would you adjust the suspension, yes, things like throttle response could be changed, but where it's actual physical equipment that's being changed I don't think this possible.

Kind of like no matter what you wanted to do you can't get sport differential without the actual sport differential equipment.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry 's5forum', I may be alone here, but have never been in a Cayman and don't know what you really mean. Can you explain how the windows roll, please, so I know just what to expect after the VAG changes it. TIA

Originally Posted by s5forum
... I asked if my windows rolled down like my Cayman and was told no. BS. They could plug in their VAG COM device and set these 1 and 0's to what we want ...
Old 04-26-2010, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

^^^ The VAG mods are there, you can do it on your own but normally dealers doesn't want to mess with it. That's understandable. Also remember one things, these mods fun to play with, however, nobody out there will know how exactly it will affect your car down the road.

Back to the OP: If you have the money, go for it. ADS is great fun to have. I don't have it but I played with it. If I solely drive the car, I can see myself rarely switching it from dynamic, however, whenever I have someone with me (especially the lady), I definitely see myself switching back to comfort. It's like your car having split-personality problems lol. Sport Differential will improve the handling dramatically. There are a bunch of people up here who doesn't have any options putting their nonsense in. Simply look at S-line package. My thought on that is it improve the handling greatly, the car hugs the road much better, and I do feel less bumps on local road at certain speed and I also loose that loud bang everytime going through a pot hole --> all that make the S-line is one of the first package to add on any of my later Audi but normally people up here say ahh, s-line isn't all that great (obvious since most doesn't have it).