Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Anyone bought & installed the JHM supercharger kit on their Audi S5 B8 4.2L V8?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone bought & installed the JHM supercharger kit on their Audi S5 B8 4.2L V8?

Toying with the idea of buying and installing JHM's supercharger kit on my 2010 manual transmission 4.2L V8 S5 coupe. Anyone else done something similar?

Ryan
Old 01-19-2018, 05:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fstr n u
Toying with the idea of buying and installing JHM's supercharger kit on my 2010 manual transmission 4.2L V8 S5 coupe. Anyone else done something similar?

Ryan
Reviving this thread because I am considering the same system for my 2011 M/T S5 - anyone????
Old 01-19-2018, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mathemagician....i ended up selling my 2010 Audi S5 4.2 V8 6spd coupe for a 2015 Audi S4 6spd sedan.
1. i miss the HELL out of the coupe design and v8 sound with the Fast Intentions Non Res exhaust....it was f*&cking amazing to drive each day. My only complaint was that it was only a tick faster than a supercharged S5 (i've raced a couple and i don't care what people say...the V8 pulled just a little harder).
2. I bought the 2015 S4 because modifying was a whole heck of a lot easier and i didn't want to dice up my front end with the JHM supercharger (there was enough fabrication involved that it bothered me).
3. The B8 or B8.5 S4 or S5 with the supercharged motor stock produces OKAY power....and lacks the auditory sound of the V8. With a Stage 2 tune, dual pulleys, intake and cooling, can produce more HP than the comparable RS5 and rival older Porsche 911 Turbos for speed.

Best of luck with your search. If i had been able to secure a TTS or roots style blower in Canada with my V8 i would've been sold. I don't like the Vortech front mounted design of the JHM....and i came so close to buying one but it's the wrong design for that V8 car.

My 2 cents PM if you have other questions.

Ryan
Old 01-20-2018, 08:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Mathemagician....i ended up selling my 2010 Audi S5 4.2 V8 6spd coupe for a 2015 Audi S4 6spd sedan.
1. i miss the HELL out of the coupe design and v8 sound with the Fast Intentions Non Res exhaust....it was f*&cking amazing to drive each day. My only complaint was that it was only a tick faster than a supercharged S5 (i've raced a couple and i don't care what people say...the V8 pulled just a little harder).
2. I bought the 2015 S4 because modifying was a whole heck of a lot easier and i didn't want to dice up my front end with the JHM supercharger (there was enough fabrication involved that it bothered me).
3. The B8 or B8.5 S4 or S5 with the supercharged motor stock produces OKAY power....and lacks the auditory sound of the V8. With a Stage 2 tune, dual pulleys, intake and cooling, can produce more HP than the comparable RS5 and rival older Porsche 911 Turbos for speed.

Best of luck with your search. If i had been able to secure a TTS or roots style blower in Canada with my V8 i would've been sold. I don't like the Vortech front mounted design of the JHM....and i came so close to buying one but it's the wrong design for that V8 car.

Ryan
Ryan - thanks for the frank assessment. I think we think a lot alike. I think I will likely keep it naturally aspirated. I would love more power, but I fear ruining the character of the car.
Old 08-14-2022, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Ryan
Hello. My name is Ryan Miller. I am the very proud owner of my 2008 Audi s5 quattro coupe 4.2l V8 rocket. I desperately want to supercharge my ice silver panty dropper. Any info and opinions on the best choice would be very much appreciated...now that it's been many years since the beginning of the supercharged s5s