Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

anyone know if an led headlight conversion is possible?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone know if an led headlight conversion is possible?

just bought a 2010 a5 cab yesterday and it doesn't have the xenon/led lights. Has anyone tried a conversion? Those headlights MAKE that car.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by cabriolow
just bought a 2010 a5 cab yesterday and it doesn't have the xenon/led lights. Has anyone tried a conversion? Those headlights MAKE that car.
No one?
Old 01-19-2010, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Well for what you'd spend to do the conversion you could have bought a Premium Plus model with them for another grand. A set of LED equipped xenons will run you close to 2k. Premium plus was only another $3500 over a base trim's base price.
For those considering this prior to buying the car.
If you do the math, if you got heated seats, bluetooth/homelink, and AMI, it only would have cost you $2000 more than what you would pay to get the LEDs. You get more features and you can finance the $2k rather than come out of pocket for lights that won't be warrantied.

Good luck with the conversion.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

i knew all this stuff - but availability was so low - i couldn't find just that package. As a former Audi sales rep, I knew it would be impossible to find my base car (with bluetooth and ipod) and the xenon package- my car was $4375 - the next cheapest car was optioned out to 50k+
Old 02-22-2010, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I've got the same problem. Any solutions yet?
Old 02-23-2010, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by hirsch9484
I've got the same problem. Any solutions yet?
Just found a solution - bought ecodes from oemplus for $1155 + plus Kufatec harness 36229 for $65. this does not include the Xenon bulbs and ballasts - bought OE ballasts and bulbs from an Ebay seller (off ebay so he gave me a better price - $360 shipped) they are over $1000 at the dealer (www.hidconcept.com)
Total is $1580 - which is still cheaper than the factory option + I get eurocodes instead of the US spec headlights. If you're in Southern California - OEMplus does the install and the VAG-COM upgrade, if not - install is easy and anyone with a vag-com can reprogram your computer to accept the bi-xenons

its takes about a month to get the european lights, mine should be in by the end of the week. I'll keep you updated on the install

Last edited by cabriolow; 02-23-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Just curious how did the install go? I went to oemplus they have a whole kit from $2100. Other than vag com was there any other modifications you had to do to the wiring harness? Do you have detailed pics install? TIA
Old 05-05-2010, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Formerly 1bads4::WMS
Just curious how did the install go? I went to oemplus they have a whole kit from $2100. Other than vag com was there any other modifications you had to do to the wiring harness? Do you have detailed pics install? TIA
It was easy for me (but I've been tearing apart Audis for a decade)
The hardest part is running the Bi-Xenon adaptor through the firewall and hooking it up to two plugs found underneath the steering wheel.

I didn't take detailed pictures because someone on Audizine already did that (stupid thing is I found it AFTER I did the install blindly)

here is the walk-through
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...rsion-Complete.

good luck and IM me if you have any issues with the Vag-Com

BTW OEMplus sells top-notch stuff - the harness quality is on par with anything OEM. But they take their sweet-*** time getting it to you. Patience is a virtue here
Old 05-05-2010, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a pair of OEM S5 xenon headlamps with LED's and adaptive cornering that come with bulbs & ballast if someone wants them. They have about 10k miles on them but they have had Xpel Clear Bra on them since new, so they are in incredible shape/condition.

This should be everything you need to install, unless there's some kind of wiring harness difference but that wouldn't be too hard to accomplish.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Are you still selling them???

Originally Posted by Imola Ghost
I've got a pair of OEM S5 xenon headlamps with LED's and adaptive cornering that come with bulbs & ballast if someone wants them. They have about 10k miles on them but they have had Xpel Clear Bra on them since new, so they are in incredible shape/condition.

This should be everything you need to install, unless there's some kind of wiring harness difference but that wouldn't be too hard to accomplish.
Hi. I just joined this forum and was looking for how to convert my headlight halogen DRL to LED. are you still selling them? How much are they? And would it fit in my 2009 Audi A4? Thanks!

Quick Reply: anyone know if an led headlight conversion is possible?