Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Audi A5 belt

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A5 belt

I have an 2008 Audi A5 3L. And now since we are getting into winter, and the weather is getting colder, I have noticed a noise from my car when the weather is cold like above - It seems that is coming from my serpentine belt, and I believe its the tensioner, because I can see that its moving a litttttle bit side to side. The weird thing is that when the engine is cold and I turn on the clima I can hear it way louder than when its off, I believe its because the belt gets more pe
ressure but I am not sure. And when I have drived the engine warm, the sound almost dissapears. So I came to conclusion that the tensioner is moving a little bit side to side and it makes that noise. I dont have much experience in cars but i want to be bether. So I ask you guys if any of you could explain me, step by step how to replace the tensioner

I hope you can help me!
Old 10-27-2018, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ummm, before you go replacing things that you may not need to replace, I suggest you have someone who has experience look at the car and correctly diagnose the problem. Then you can decide if you would like to attempt the fix on your own...which seems like a bad idea to me. Its just my gut feeling but since you posted this request in two separate threads, I'm guessing you're not the technical type and might cause more trouble than a squeaky belt is offering up right now!

However, if you do decide on the DIY route, you could simply (and I think the best way) consult your platforms service manual for guidance on replacing parts and or service procedures.

Leif
Old 10-28-2018, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leifmb
Ummm, before you go replacing things that you may not need to replace, I suggest you have someone who has experience look at the car and correctly diagnose the problem. Then you can decide if you would like to attempt the fix on your own...which seems like a bad idea to me. Its just my gut feeling but since you posted this request in two separate threads, I'm guessing you're not the technical type and might cause more trouble than a squeaky belt is offering up right now!

However, if you do decide on the DIY route, you could simply (and I think the best way) consult your platforms service manual for guidance on replacing parts and or service procedures.

Leif
Thanks for your advice I work as an car restorer, I fix the body and change parts. So I am not extreme noob in mechanic, and changing a tensioner i believe is not the hardest thing in the world. And I just asked if anyone have changed the tansioner before and can explain to me 😊