Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Body Flex Creaking?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 07:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Body Flex Creaking?

Recently I have noticed when I go in or out of a driveway at an angle my car really creaks from the body flex.Does not seem normal but my dealer says the other RS5's that he has driven does the same.Any thoughts if this is normal or what could be the cause?.I have heard some S5's have the same issue....Thanks
Old 03-03-2013, 09:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if it's the same issue, but this user on AZ found a fix action:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ttling-Craking
Old 03-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I tried to lunricate those rubber stops and even put felt on them but it did not work.Hard to believe those rubber pieces are the cause to all the body flexing creaking that I get.My craeking is not just coming from the trunk area....
Nobody else has tis issue at all?
Old 03-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry to be a nudge but nobody on this forum with a S5 or Rs5 has any type of body creaking when the go up there driveway at an angle.If so, please speak up so I know that I mught have an issue and need to get my car to the dealer to complain...Thanks..
Old 03-03-2013, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by woodranch
Sorry to be a nudge but nobody on this forum with a S5 or Rs5 has any type of body creaking when the go up there driveway at an angle.If so, please speak up so I know that I mught have an issue and need to get my car to the dealer to complain...Thanks..
I think it's highly unlikely that the body itself is creaking. More likely, it's some plastic interior piece, the rear seats, the sunroof assembly, bump stops in the trunk, etc.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

And here I thought I was crazy. My A5 is three weeks mine tomorrow, and whenever i turn into a driveway or into the local strip mall where there is an elevation change, I have creaking noises. Haven't spent any serious listening time or tried to locate them, but I will. Read the article about the boot stops, will check.

But yeah, mine creaks...

John
Old 03-04-2013, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My S5 does the exact same thing. I notice it when I back out of the garage, then as I turn into the street. It's very frustrating for such an expensive car.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default possible rear seat hinge pins against plastic sleeve?

Originally Posted by MonzaA5
I think it's highly unlikely that the body itself is creaking. More likely, it's some plastic interior piece, the rear seats, the sunroof assembly, bump stops in the trunk, etc.
If the rear seats fold down, fold them down, drive around for a while, then see if creaking noise stops. If it does, it's the plastic sleeves at the hinge pins of the rear seats.

This is what my creaking/squeaking was in my A6, and how I solved it (lube the pin and sleeve). See this post with pic:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2842361

Really have nothing to lose to see if A5's do the same. Just throwing it out there.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Update: had to run out for coffee supplies this evening (elixir of life and all that..), and the creak is definitely coming from the rear end somewhere. Could be those boot bumpers, or the seat hinge pins, I'll try folding down the seats tomorrow or the next day. Frustrating this is, indeed. Will keep y'all posted.

John M.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I tried to lubricate the boot bumpers but to no avail.To me it really is the body flex that is causing that creak and it is a pretty substanial creak not just a small rattle.

Quick Reply: Body Flex Creaking?