Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Alum optics RS swap... EASY!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Alum optics RS swap... EASY!

My car didn't have the Alum optics pack and we really wanted this option.. but I figured I'd just buy the parts and swap them out which turned out to be super easy. The front and rear spoilers are both easy to get off without removing the bumpers. The rear takes about 5 mins... remove 5 screws, grab hold and pull... pop in the new spoiler and reinsert the screws. The front takes a bit more work only because you have to remove the two black air intakes which just pull out but it takes some finesse and some work. Once they are out you just pull the spoiler off. Pop on the new one, make sure all the tabs are aligned, firm bang with the palm of your hand to make sure everything is in place, then pop the grills in and the 4 screws that hold the bottom of the spoiler on.

MY wife loves the look of the Aluminum spoilers.. I am still deciding what I think. Car doesn't look quite as 'wide' with the new alum look.. but it accents well with the cabrio alum windshield and other bits. Best part is the original painted parts are in perfect condition and I can swap them back on anytime... heck, add a black grill and I would essentially have the black optics (I already have the black optics wheels.). The Cabrio doesn't get blacked out window trim (obviously)... so the only thing that would be "correct" is the alum mirrors.

Anyway.. figured I would post this up just in case someone want to add the alum pack spoilers or just remove/replace their spoilers.