Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

CPO '17 A5 Cabrio

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CPO '17 A5 Cabrio

Went looking for a '16 TT to use as a daily driver and for road trips with my wife (sometimes up to a week or so long trips). Was a former owner of an '08 TT, loved the trunk. Loved the ride and tech in the '16 TT roadster, but they shrunk the trunk. Can't get anywhere near enough junk into that trunk for a week long road trip.

So I looked at other options including a CPO '16 Bimmer M235i X Drive. Nice car, loved the engine and seats were top notch, and that exhaust......!!!!. The rest of the interior however, well, it sucked. Old school tech, no Nav, no back up camera, just really basic. Being used to my wife's '18 A5, it wasn't gonna cut it.

Local'ish Audi dealership had a silver with black interior CPO A5 Cabrio. Took it for a drive, and picking it up Tues or Wed. Trading '16 Mustang Ecoboost Ecoboost convertible that I've been driving but can't drive it 365 here in WI.

Looking forward to the new ride, its not as nice on a tech level as the wife's '18 PP A5, but its gonna be a fun ride year round.

I'm going to need a wind screen as this one wasn't sold with and didn't come with one, so anyone looking to unload one, PM me.

Any suggestions from current cabrio owners as far as making the top down experience as good as possible

JW

JW
Old 04-28-2019, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Congrats -- post some pics when you get chance.
Old 05-01-2019, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Is this my “good” side?

A sexy rear end.

Sorry for the glare
Old 05-01-2019, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I have had my S5 Cab for 2+ years and love it!!!!! The wind deflector is useful. It does limit air flow from the rear through the front. This is particularly goodin hot or cold weather. I will have the top down in cool (ok cold) weather and with the windows up and the heat on, it can be comfortable. The deflector keep the outside air from blowing through. The same is true when it is really hot. I will put the AC on and it will keep the cabin cooler

Search this forum classified and other audi forums. They do show up on ebay but you need to search on a number of things, wind deflector, wind blocker, wind screen, OEM part number etc. Any B8, 8.5 A5/S5/RS5 will fit. Prices vary but generally they do go for 100-150 (though many are listed at a lot higher.) Europeans apparently sell them a lot and even those that would ship internationally, I saw a few that really did not add up to too much.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I’ll check that out. Have a “Love the drive” that we used in our Mustang that we traded on the. A5 and really liked it on the highway and Lon trios esp. drove from Racine to Charleston and Savannah last summer and it made a huge difference. Montreal is the plan this summer so want one before that trip.

Ordered a RaceChip piggyback time for it last night. Hoping for performance more like the wife’s 2018 A5 with it!