AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b8-125/)
-   -   done with audi and dealers (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b8-125/done-audi-dealers-2975791/)

nepa a8 07-13-2019 08:53 AM

done with audi and dealers

Hi i posted here about a issue with my timing belt.. i have a 2013 a5 ,, i know they just had a issue with the earlier models and settled a class action law suit over the timing chain issue. I was hoping for some help from audi since i only have 69,000 miles on it and had audi care and kept up with oil changes afterward. But i got the emails from audi and the dealership. Now i wasn't looking for a free ride but maybe some help on the part pricing or labor cost. The emails showed the dealer kept writing they were not looking for good will help for this customer.. which i take it the dealership pretty much shot me down. No one ever asked for any records for the oil changes or anything. Right now my family has 4 audis, which i guess doesn't account for much. I just found it frustrating that their was no assistance since they had a issue with the timing belt and tensioner and might still be having issue with the new design. So it will be goodbye to audi in the future, I will move on to another manufacturer and hope for better treatment if a issue arises. Just needed to vent.. hope no one else runs into same issue.

KevinGary 07-13-2019 10:01 AM

Sorry to hear about your experience. My experience has been the polar opposite.

findalex 07-13-2019 12:25 PM

try a different dealer.

My understanding is that there is a rate that dealers charge customers and there is a much lower rate when Audi pays them to do the same work as warranty work.

it all comes down to money.

J. Patterson 07-13-2019 02:41 PM

We My Dealer took great care of me on my S5. Upper chain tensioners were replaced with updated version. No more cold start rattle.
Is your engine damaged or just noisy? You mention timing belt but I believe your engine has a timing chain.

suni 07-13-2019 03:02 PM

There is some variation in the quality of support from dealer to dealer, but, in my opinion, the quality of Audi America support is consistently bad. I am not sure, but I believe they may be trying to reduce support costs.

Slobodan Spasojevic 08-24-2019 06:06 AM

I live in Vancouver ,Canada < what i hear from my friends who drives other cars as BMW , Benz , same **** as there is no good mechanics who pay attention to problem ,

SCarGuy 08-24-2019 01:18 PM

What does the timing chain, on a V8 engine, have to do with the timing belt, on a 4 cylinder engine? My '08 A4 has a turbo....a 2013 S6 has two turbos. Should I get mine covered under a TSB since they got theirs done?

Oil changes have zero to do with a timing belt fwiw

If the car is out of warranty, it's out of warranty, and yours is out of warranty by both mileage and time. Lower mileage notwithstanding, not sure what you were asking to happen in the first place? If you're looking to keep costs down, don't have the dealer do it at all - it's not a bad job to do yourself, or, any number of independent shops can easily accomplish it too

I'm 13 Audi's in - owned them since 2000, long before I ever worked for them. 4 have done over 125k from new. I work for them because of my own experiences. If yours differ, c'est la vie....lots of brands to choose from. If you think any of them are going to magically wave a wand and good will, even in part, a maintenance item on a car that's 2 years and 23k out of warranty, you're going to be in for a very bad experience no matter what. Not saying that to be obnoxious, just to be realistic

kjb99 08-25-2019 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by SCarGuy (Post 25358876)

Oil changes have zero to do with a timing belt fwiw

The 2013 A5 has a timing chain, not a belt and if you think oil changes have "zero to do with" it I really hope that the work you do for Audi has nothing to do with mechanics.

SCarGuy 08-25-2019 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by kjb99 (Post 25359293)
The 2013 A5 has a timing chain, not a belt and if you think oil changes have "zero to do with" it I really hope that the work you do for Audi has nothing to do with mechanics.

OPs opening line is referencing his timing belt