Driver Seat NOT Working- B8 S-line A5 2008 - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Driver Seat NOT Working- B8 S-line A5 2008

Old 07-13-2018, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Driver Seat NOT Working- B8 S-line A5 2008

Just wanted to post this up in case anyone ran into this problem:

Long story short, my driver seat was not move. The side controls were not working and I could only reach the rear triple square (10mm) bolts holding the seat into the chassis. After removing the rear bolts, I slid out the worm drive out from the gear insertion points on the seat rails. This allowed me to move the seat back in order to access the front triple square bolts to remove the seat.

Once the seat was removed, I could access the harness/plugs flush mounted into the carpet. After removing the carpet to access the plugs, I could see that the terminals were corroded and the power wire (Red and Black) had been severed. Unfortunately, I had no idea how to remove the pin from the connector to reattach the wire. There must be a specific tool that you need to remove the pins (best guess). I ended up using male and female disconnects to reattach the wire.

This repair wasn't ideal, but it worked.