Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Hard time deciding on the color! Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard time deciding on the color! Please Help!

I never seemed to have a problem choosing a color, but I placed an order for an Audi a5 prem + with cinammon interior, and cant seem to make a decision on the color. I am between deep sea blue, aruba blue, ibis white, and meteor grey! pretty much their whole color pallete. I have a black rdx now, and like someone here has said "black is not a color, its a full time job" so I am definitely not going with the brilliant black.

Ive read on the forum that meteor grey is dull, especially when dirty, and the deep sea blue is boring, i basically have no clue which color to commit to.

Any comments would be greately appreciated!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

You can't go wrong with white but half the a/s5's I've seen on the road are white. I went with deep sea blue after seeing it on both an a5 and an s5. I think it's the darkest blue paint audi has ever used. From some angles it looks black. Nothing boring about the color at all.

Meteor gray looks great on a sunny day or at night but on cloudy days the color is pretty drab.

But if you want to get white, be my guest. The fewer the DSB's on the road the better as far as I'm concerned
Old 10-05-2009, 10:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the DSB and I had a black car before it. Basically it's the same as black as far as keeping it clean. I love the color, but not so sure I would get it again due to the upkeep.
Hope that helps
Old 10-05-2009, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You will regret going blue. It just doesn't look appealing to people's eyes in any light condition. Also, blue is prob the least referred color once the vehicle is getting old.
Have you taken a look at Phantom Black yet? that thing looks great and isn't as much of a pain as brilliant black. Other than that, I prefer White or Grey. However, if you're already running from black, may as well running from white because it does require some cleaning often. So at the end, Grey prob is a color for you.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Audiworld Member

if you spend an extra $2500 you can get any color you can imagine...

Daytona Grey is fantastic (R8 color)
Sepang Blue is fantastic (RS6 color)

both of those would be highly unique.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Audiworld Member

Originally Posted by BlueSander
Have you taken a look at Phantom Black yet? that thing looks great and isn't as much of a pain as brilliant black.
until you need a part repainted due to dent/damage. it is damn near impossible to repaint a part to match any pearl paint.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Deep sea blue, like black and other very dark colors, can be stunning but it definitely requires a lot of extra work to keep it looking good. It isn't just a matter of keeping it clean, but also keeping it free of swirls from washing and waxing which can be very obvious on a dark color.

Also, as mentioned above, dark blue doesn't age as well as other colors. My last car was dark blue. When I bought it in 1991 the color was very much in vogue. Then it went out of style for quite a few years and was just becoming popular again when I got rid of it in 2008! On the other hand, if you don't plan to keep the car more than a couple of years then this shouldn't be too much of an issue. Just be sure you sell it before blue goes out of style again so you get the best price for it!
Old 10-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Another thought... I don't know if you have seen Aruba Blue in person but it is quite bright! But if you like the color, and you like to be different, this might be a good choice: it seems to be one of the least common colors on the A5/S5 (although my dealer mentioned recently that they have been getting lots of requests for the A4 in Aruba). However, this is another color that may or may not age well.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

If you're going Cinnamon, Ibis white or Deep sea blue. All the others will not flow with the Cinnamon brown. Especially the Aruba blue. Meteor and cinnamon would be a lot like Meteor with tuscan which was the slowest selling combo we've had on the S5. We got one and it sat for over 3 months and we've never had an S5 sit that long.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Good point re: Aruba with Cinnamon. I wasn't even thinking of the Cinnamon interior when I commented on Aruba. In theory, they should work together -- blue and orange are complementary colors after all!!! -- but that would be a rather gaudy combination, wouldn't it?!

Quick Reply: Hard time deciding on the color! Please Help!