Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

If you see something, say something!

Old 09-02-2012, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If you see something, say something!

My new S5 was sitting in the driveway today. My wife has a Q5 and places it in our 1 car garage as it is a Meteor Grey, a dark blue grey that gets very hot and she uses primarily for work.
Very recent, new neighbors notice that we now have 2 Audi's and I cover my S5 daily to prevent sap,droppings etc.

Today while looking out my window, I see the town police typing in my license plate #. (I do have a rather rare/odd looking plate, it is a recently released/updated military plate with the American flag and Veteran XXX XXX)
The officer gets out of his car and goes over to the neighbors house. I come out my front door, he acknowledges me but continues on his way to the neighbors house. I go back inside and wait for him to knock on my door.

Obviously, the S5 is properly registered. The officer leaves and never comes over to my home.

Again, these are new neighbors and the previous neighbor would not have done that nor any of the other neighbors.

Is this a legit reason to call police or jealousy. It's not something I would have done if I had recently moved into a new neighborhood.
Not happy, but will be the better person and leave it alone.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weird.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Obviously, only drug dealers drive S5s. Your neighbor was protecting public safety.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

I am glad my neighbors do not do that, although I do get " you like Audi's huh?" or " An all Audi family I see"
Old 09-03-2012, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That's weird. Hopefully this doesn't begin a bad habit (with your neighbors questioning your activities).
Old 09-03-2012, 07:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default nice cop

Maybe he was just stopping by to welcome the new people, saw your cool cars and noticed the 'odd lic plate's, ran it to make sure it was good and continued on.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dang! Hate those nosey neighbors. My neighbor has an old 1985 Mercedes Benz and he sees my new Audi and he says "I'm happy, my car is fully paid for". He was implying that my Audis are leased. Didn't respond, but my 2 Audis are paid for. LOL.

One time my 2-car garage was opened while I was inside my garage, and there was an old pick-up truck with 2 black guys. They slowed down and looked at my two shiny Audis. Then suddenly the truck drives into my driveway and this black guy comes and goes inside my garage. He said "your wife wants us to cut your grass." I said "no, my wife never talked to you. I cut my own grass." He keeps on insisting. I yelled "Get out, I don't need you to do anything for us". I put up a kungfu stance as I was ready to kick his *** and call 911. He walked off mumbling knowing he didn't have the guts to fight it out. Clearly, he thought - Dang 2 shiny cars, and he needed $$$$.

By the way, if you were driving a Black BMW, heavily tinted, with 20-inch chrome wheels - I wouldn't be surprise if your neighbor thought you were a drug dealer or gun smuggler. But an Audi isn't usually a criminals car. haha, be careful !
Old 09-03-2012, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

A good response to your neighbor would have been " yeah, I know what you mean..I pay cash for all my cars".
Old 09-03-2012, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

I hope his car is paid for, he has had 27 years to pay it off...
Old 09-03-2012, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Sorry I'm an glass full type of guy. But maybe the cop checked your plate on his own and was going to your neighbors for another reason. I just try to give the benefit of the doubt unless I have proof . He could have noticed your plate and decided to check it out on his own. Unless I missed a piece of the story

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: If you see something, say something!