Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Import Phonebook

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Import Phonebook

Hello all!
I am very new to A5, just purchased one last week! I am loving it!
I myself are also new to Android phone, and a few weeks ago I purchased the HTC Incredible.

Right now I paired my HTC Android 2.1 phone to my A5, but unfortunately I am unable to get the phonebook import to the car.

I read alot on the internet and been searching.
I tried unpair and pair, tried moving my contacts to the favorite or speeddial, but none of them work!
I also tried going into SETUP and change from ALL to TELEPHONE to SIM... none do any good.

Do anyone have experience about this?
Thank you!
Gilbert

I bought the 2009 A5 3.2L with Navi MMI.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default No one uses Android Phone??

No one uses Android Phone?

Originally Posted by gilee_8
Hello all!
I am very new to A5, just purchased one last week! I am loving it!
I myself are also new to Android phone, and a few weeks ago I purchased the HTC Incredible.

Right now I paired my HTC Android 2.1 phone to my A5, but unfortunately I am unable to get the phonebook import to the car.

I read alot on the internet and been searching.
I tried unpair and pair, tried moving my contacts to the favorite or speeddial, but none of them work!
I also tried going into SETUP and change from ALL to TELEPHONE to SIM... none do any good.

Do anyone have experience about this?
Thank you!
Gilbert

I bought the 2009 A5 3.2L with Navi MMI.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have the Incredible as well. Once you pair the phone with the car the import is automatic. Did you try looking in the Phonebook folder and not the Directory folder on the MMI?

Once it's paired, drive around for a while, it may take a little bit for everything to sync.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gilee_8
hi,
I don't have an HTC, just a simple Nokia, which is fine for me.
my question is: where did you go to change from ALL to TELEPHONE to SIM ???
my MMI is from early 2010, but I can't find it.
thnks
Fred
Old 06-08-2010, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

should of got the iphone...
Old 06-08-2010, 05:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I also have the Incredible, and had no problems. The import should be automatic once you pair the phone.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Seems like only I have the problem! (Check Picture)

I had the Audi A5 for over 2 weeks now.
And I made phone call almost 5 times a day in the car using the CAR bluetooth system. I am driving a 2009 A5, so I have the old Navi MMI system (not the 3D one)

Whenever I tries to click on the phonebook, it will say No entries available!
If I pick phonebook from the steering, it say "No Entries Available"
If I pick phonebook from the Navigation Screen, the phonebook is grey out!

Any ideas guy?
This get really annoying, because now I have like 100 contacts in my phone, and I have to manually type them into directory right now! PLEASE HELP!

check out this picture.
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by bheffern
I also have the Incredible, and had no problems. The import should be automatic once you pair the phone.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

When I first paired the phone, I got the same message for a few hours, but eventually the phone book downloaded. Mine is huge though, like 2000 contacts, so it normally takes a while.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It's funny because I was inquiring about this exact problem months ago. I have a Motorola Droid and just purchased a 2010 A5 about a month ago. Haven't had a problem at all with the bluetooth or phonebook since the first day I linked it up.

I can go through all my numbers just fine. I do find there is some sort of bug with the system, though. For example, if I go through my dialed numbers, people that I haven't called in months will show up as opposed to people I just talked to five minutes prior. Other than that, it never loses connection and works fine.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default 2009 Audi A5 Importing Phonebook?

Thanks for quick reply guys.
As mentioned earlier, I been using the phone quite alot with the Audi A5... at least 1-2hrs a day for 2 weeks now, so definitely time will not solve the problem.
But from the replies, it seems that many of you who do not have this problem is because of owning the 2010 Audi A5? Anyone with 2009 Audi A5, and have no problem with the phonebook either?
Completely automatically after paired and connected with the phone?

Because I am bring my car back to the dealer for some other things and getting a loaner, so I want to let the dealer know about this if it is a problem specifically for me only.

Any one with Android phone (best will be HTC incredible) and also driving a 2009 Audi A5 with Navigation, and have no problem having the phonebook imported?

Another thing on the side, my g/f bought an 2009 Audi A4 2.0T, and she also has the HTC Incredible, (also 2 weeks now) and her phonebook is not getting imported either.
Is it HTC Incredible the problem?
Is it the year 2009 the problem?
Is it Android vs Audi 2009 MMI problem?
Or our car has problem that need a fix on?

Thanks all!

Originally Posted by g02sle3p
It's funny because I was inquiring about this exact problem months ago. I have a Motorola Droid and just purchased a 2010 A5 about a month ago. Haven't had a problem at all with the bluetooth or phonebook since the first day I linked it up.

I can go through all my numbers just fine. I do find there is some sort of bug with the system, though. For example, if I go through my dialed numbers, people that I haven't called in months will show up as opposed to people I just talked to five minutes prior. Other than that, it never loses connection and works fine.

Quick Reply: Import Phonebook