Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Interior LED Kit - $80 Shipped (Replace all your Interior bulbs)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default they are indeed slighty smaller

Originally Posted by A&AEuroTuning
Appreciate your input but for some reason your the only customer i have had who finds the lights to be a bit smaller. They are a perfect replacement size and so far i have not had a similar complaint.

Based on what you told me though, it seems your bulbs may have been replaced with a bigger size, possibly from factory. Because like i said, you are the one and only who had this issue come up.
Highly unlikely that factory put in larger bulbs. Your bulbs fit nicely in the plate bracket lights but they don't snap in firmly, so due to the cylindrical design of the tips, they tend to "revolve" and the lighting side doesn't always point down on the plate. I'll fix it, but they are definitely slightly smaller than OEM and some of the other bulbs are just a little bigger. Results are well worth it but it does take some time to carefully do all bulbs.
Question....does A&A also have replacement bulbs for the A5 fog lights? Those would be the last ones for me to swap out.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:01 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tpt13
Highly unlikely that factory put in larger bulbs. Your bulbs fit nicely in the plate bracket lights but they don't snap in firmly, so due to the cylindrical design of the tips, they tend to "revolve" and the lighting side doesn't always point down on the plate. I'll fix it, but they are definitely slightly smaller than OEM and some of the other bulbs are just a little bigger. Results are well worth it but it does take some time to carefully do all bulbs.
Question....does A&A also have replacement bulbs for the A5 fog lights? Those would be the last ones for me to swap out.
Sorry your having issues with the license plate bulbs, but im happy to take care of it if it comes down to it.. You can always shoot me an email or pm.

Regarding the Fog Lights... yes i do have HID kits for your car. Their $90 Shipped. CANBUS Hid Kit... No errors or flickering. I also have them in 4300k which matches your DRL LED's perfectly.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Audiworld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ordered the A&A lights and am looking forward to them... hope I don't have any install issues, but I at least have a set of trim removal tools which should help.

BTW for fog lights you can also get the HOEN H11 Xenonmatch, which match the Xenons. A lot of people use them successfully and they're $30 plus shipping.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:43 AM
Audiworld Member

Anyone else who's ordered this set have issues with the rear reading/map lights flickering?

I haven't put the dome and front reading lights in yet, but both rear reading lights pulse/flicker when turned on.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Former Vendor

Hey man. Install the rest of them for the lighting to all have similar voltage. You will be fine.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Audiworld Member

Hey man. Install the rest of them for the lighting to all have similar voltage. You will be fine.
Thanks - I was finally able to find my Torx set so I'll install the rest and see what happens.

BTW I had the same experience as tpt13 with the license plate festoons - they fit fine but the angle of the contacts must be slightly different than the stock lights. So they rotate a bit in place and flicker when the closing the trunk lid. No big deal, though, I will just secure them with a bit of electrical tape.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Former Vendor

OK guys... for everyone who placed an order with me and their license plate led lights are not secure please PM or Email me... I will replace them free of charge for a slightly larger size. Also 6 LED Lights on each one...
Old 02-28-2011, 04:55 AM
Audiworld Member

Any change the larger 6-LED festoons have an inline resistor? The original 5-LED ones in the kit gave me a bulb-out warning.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:38 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by scottacus
Any change the larger 6-LED festoons have an inline resistor? The original 5-LED ones in the kit gave me a bulb-out warning.
I dont carry 5 led festoon bulbs. All of my festoon bulbs are 6 smd led.

Where are you placing this bulb? And can you provide a picture of it?
Old 02-28-2011, 07:01 AM
Audiworld Member

I dont carry 5 led festoon bulbs. All of my festoon bulbs are 6 smd led.

Where are you placing this bulb? And can you provide a picture of it?
Will try to provide a pic tonight. (I thought I remembered them being 5-LED but I'm sure it's 6.)

The bulbs are firmly seated in the connectors and they definitely work, so I am assuming the bulb warning has to do with not enough current or resistance being detected in the circuit. I know a few other people on other forums have run into this issue with some bulbs.

BTW thanks for helping fix this.

Quick Reply: Interior LED Kit - $80 Shipped (Replace all your Interior bulbs)