Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Dont laugh, but do they make an exhaust for a 2013 A5 4cyl?

Old 04-24-2014, 07:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dont laugh, but do they make an exhaust for a 2013 A5 4cyl?

About to purchase my first Audi A5 2013 2.0T. It really down on HP at 220, cant afford a 3.0, so I want to know what mods I can do that will get me a little more pickup. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

ECU Upgrade will do much more then an exhaust.

The stasis one allows you to keep a warranty.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DavidRS4
ECU Upgrade will do much more then an exhaust.

The stasis one allows you to keep a warranty.
Err.. Let's call it what it is. "The stasis one will replace the pieces of the factory warranty you voided with the ECU upgrade."

They do make exhaust kits. For example, AWE has one, and I would think there are many more.

http://www.awe-tuning.com/a-w-e-tuning-a5-2-0t-exhausts

Last edited by bilbo47; 04-25-2014 at 04:15 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bilbo47
Err.. Let's call it what it is. "The stasis one will replace the pieces of the factory warranty you voided with the ECU upgrade."
This used to be the case, but no more. STaSIS went out of business last week, so I'm afraid those of us with STaSIS parts on our cars have no warranty protection at all.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well, I have spent a few hours looking at upgrades for the car. Looks like there are quite a few things to get more ponies. Thanks for the responses. I found that Statis 1 on a turbo website. Even though they may be out of business hopefully I can still pick one of these up. I didnt find too many exhausts for my car (Manual only) was listed for most. Im also not looking for noise, just performance. I cant stand a loud exhaust unless its a V8. to each his own. Excited about the car. Picking it up tonight. There are a ton of turbo upgrades available, but I will wait until I get rims and ECU first. Thanks again guys.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I bought the 2014 A5 S-Line package. I have not seen one exhaust system for it!
Old 04-26-2014, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by myowdeeA5
Well, I have spent a few hours looking at upgrades for the car. Looks like there are quite a few things to get more ponies. Thanks for the responses. I found that Statis 1 on a turbo website. Even though they may be out of business hopefully I can still pick one of these up. I didnt find too many exhausts for my car (Manual only) was listed for most. Im also not looking for noise, just performance. I cant stand a loud exhaust unless its a V8. to each his own. Excited about the car. Picking it up tonight. There are a ton of turbo upgrades available, but I will wait until I get rims and ECU first. Thanks again guys.
Congrats on the new car!

As for the exhaust, then you might have a tough time finding an exhaust that doesn't add some noise. IMHO, a lot of exhausts are replaced due to the owner's preference for sound, so they all seem to cater to that demand. In short, its conceivable an after-market exhaust could be designed to create more flow and still sound OEM, but preferences seem to lean toward a better noise at the same time.

I, for one, am in that boat. I was torn between the face-lifted 2013 S5 with the "angry German vacuum cleaner exhaust" and the previous 2012 version with the guttural V8. I ended up going for the new V6T, then used AWE to get the exhaust sound back. I get nothing but positive comments about how good my car sounds. It is not obnoxious; because I too didn't want that. The sound of the car matches how it looks.

Just my 2 cents worth..
Old 04-26-2014, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ChipB
This used to be the case, but no more. STaSIS went out of business last week, so I'm afraid those of us with STaSIS parts on our cars have no warranty protection at all.
ruh roh!
Old 05-05-2014, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just called Statis. they are open. where did you hear they closed?

Originally Posted by bilbo47
ruh roh!
Old 05-05-2014, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s5forum
Just called Statis. they are open. where did you hear they closed?
I read it on the internet,. so it must be true.

No, actually see this: http://wvgazette.com/article/20140429/GZ01/140439989

When you called did you asked what's going on? I called two weeks ago and once I got past the automated phone system nobody picked up. The intent is that they will either reorganize or get bought out, and while that is being pursued I've heard that there are one or two people there as care takers. Who did you talk to, and what did they say about it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dont laugh, but do they make an exhaust for a 2013 A5 4cyl?