Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Knowing when a car has a Torque Vectoring Differential?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Knowing when a car has a Torque Vectoring Differential?

I am looking to replace my 2011 A4 quattro with a (2013 ish) S5 and I would love to have the torque vectoring differential.
Is there a way of knowing that a car has this option when looking through pictures on cargurus, autotrader etc? Was it a stand alone option or did it include other things that would be a give away when looking through pictures?
I know in person the setting will be in the MMI and the diff itself looks different than what is on my A4 but I am trying to avoid a lot of wasted time calling dealers or traveling to see a car that I don't want.

Any advice on trying to find one?

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2018, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by typ44q
I am looking to replace my 2011 A4 quattro with a (2013 ish) S5 and I would love to have the torque vectoring differential.
Is there a way of knowing that a car has this option when looking through pictures on cargurus, autotrader etc? Was it a stand alone option or did it include other things that would be a give away when looking through pictures?
I know in person the setting will be in the MMI and the diff itself looks different than what is on my A4 but I am trying to avoid a lot of wasted time calling dealers or traveling to see a car that I don't want.

Any advice on trying to find one?

Thanks!
Other than them stating it....it's going to be a crapshoot I think. You could always run the VIN to see what the original equipment listed on the Monroney is. That will tell you and could save you some time.....

https://www.carvana.com/research?
Old 08-29-2018, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BryanB8.5
Other than them stating it....it's going to be a crapshoot I think. You could always run the VIN to see what the original equipment listed on the Monroney is. That will tell you and could save you some time.....

https://www.carvana.com/research?
That's perfect! thank you. I thought that information was only available on a build sheet, nice to see you can get it through the VIN now.
Old 09-02-2018, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm... This link didn't do anything for my VIN. It just seems to time out.

When shopping for my S5, every (Audi) dealer was able to email me a copy of the original sticker, which listed the sport diff as a separate option if it had it.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah that link seems to be hit and miss.

I was trying to avoid the hassle of actually contacting dealerships if it was for something that I could potentially figure out myself.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed, I always try to email first instead of giving out my number. They usually also have a way to message them from their website.