AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b8-125/)
-   -   New Audi Problem (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b8-125/new-audi-problem-2814412/)

TeethandLakers 10-06-2011 02:17 AM

New Audi Problem

Hey yall,

I am new to Audi, had a BMW 335i and Mercedes CLK350 before. Just leased a 2012 A5 2.0T a couple of weeks ago and I love it. However, yesterday I was driving the Audi on a busy street (35mph) and my wheel stiffened up all of a sudden. I pulled over and the car smelled funny. I got it towed and they told me the power steering fluid leaked and some other part was damaged. The car has 320 miles on it TOTAL. How do you all think I should proceed? I personally do not want to continue owning a car that had to be towed at 320 miles. Is there any way of getting the car replaced with another one? Should I take legal routes if they do not cooperate? Should I just take the car back and drive it?

Opinions?

Huey52 10-06-2011 02:45 AM

I had an "infant mortality" sunroof leak with a very few miles myself. But it was fully resolved and no troubles since. I do empathize with your mindset right now tho'.

I would say just have them rectify and you'll probably be fine going forward. Of course keep all paperwork just in case of a "lemon law" need should it recur (they get three attempts in most states).

Daytona A5 10-06-2011 06:22 AM

Mechanical devices generally break when they are very new and when they are very old. A simple part failure is no big deal.

no cell 10-06-2011 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by TeethandLakers (Post 24207181)
Hey yall,

How do you all think I should proceed? I personally do not want to continue owning a car that had to be towed at 320 miles. Is there any way of getting the car replaced with another one? Should I take legal routes if they do not cooperate? Should I just take the car back and drive it?

Opinions?

How should you proceed? You should pick up the car from the dealer when it's fixed and enjoy it. Seriously, over react much?

JGA5Cab 10-06-2011 07:41 AM

There's a person that performs the same task over and over and over again. Due to the human factor, a mistake can be made. Let them fix it and enjoy your fabulous car.

Kris Hansen 10-06-2011 11:22 AM

What makes Audis great is their ability to be FIXED. Problems happen, it's a machine.

AudiPartsGuy 10-06-2011 02:33 PM

Drive it.....

BlueSander 10-06-2011 08:50 PM

LOL, I'm not too surprised. My family members are hardcore Audi fans. I myself find it's hard to get away for 2-3 months straight without crawling under my car fixing something here and there. While my friends have 0 problems so far after owning a couple Lexus's and almost every single series from BMW.

... at the end of the day, I'm driving an Audi and I LOVE IT!

Clarke 10-09-2011 06:00 AM

Hey BlueSander, I think it is just a random problem. I think you will be ok going forward. My A5 has 23k on it and the only problem I have seen is the oil consumption.

Out of curiosity, did you have any problems with the 335? I heavily considered that car, but was concerned about the engine. The 2.0T consumes oil, but I thought it would be a little more reliable than the BMW.

JGA5Cab 10-10-2011 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Clarke (Post 24208489)
Hey BlueSander, I think it is just a random problem. I think you will be ok going forward. My A5 has 23k on it and the only problem I have seen is the oil consumption.

Out of curiosity, did you have any problems with the 335? I heavily considered that car, but was concerned about the engine. The 2.0T consumes oil, but I thought it would be a little more reliable than the BMW.

have you complained about the oil consumption? It sounds like they would do something for that under warranty.