Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

New to forums with a new to me Audi A5.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 03:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to forums with a new to me Audi A5.

Hi to everybody here! Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I just bought a 2009 Audi A5 with about 160,000km on it. Everything seems all right so far and of course I've already started buying little things to personalize it like paddle shift extensions, new taillights, a new gear shifter, a couple dress up bits for the interior etc. The car is a base version, but I don't mind since it's my first Audi and I didn't want to get one that had to many options just in case I would have to replace it.

I traded in my 2016 Ram 1500 4x4 with a six inch lift so it has been quite a change to say the least, I'm also 6'3" tall so interior space is a lot less then the truck but still surprisingly roomy enough for me although no one is sitting behind me lol.

The A5 itself has been running great even starting in your typical Canadian winter mornings with good power and I'm finally getting used to the whole way Audi does it's controls lol. Just two small things that I will get fixed but I;m not in a huge rush and can probably do it myself.

1 - The passenger side mirror doesn't heat up and replacing it is pretty straight forward.
2 - The blower motor sounds like I have squirrels in my dash and the fix for that is a bit more complicated.

Anyways glad to be here and I hope to learn a lot and maybe even add some input.

Thanks
Chris
Old 02-22-2019, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the new ride!
Old 02-22-2019, 04:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGary
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the new ride!
Thank you very much!
Old 02-22-2019, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

That's a nice looking A5 you've got there. Welcome to the forum.