Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Ordering a RS5 Cabriolet

Old 02-01-2013, 07:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dglasser
That's the plan. I put down a deposit with a local dealer in November and supposedly am getting their first (and possibly only) allocation for an RS5 cab this year.
Great! I'll keep you posted how things go on this end .
Old 02-01-2013, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 11 Posts

thanks for sharing broudav..looks like no TI pkg for cabrio.Also there is no 5 V-spoke wheels like the euro model will be available .I was hoping since they have them as an option for cabrio then they will add them for the 2014 coupe as well (
Old 02-01-2013, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Comfort Package and the neck warmer specifically are a must have to extend the season in colder climates...but seats indeed are "less cool" looking...it's a trade-off...I live in New England, and with the warmers I can put the top down on my S5 Cab in March or April and keep it down until November...which I enjoy more than the cool look of the (in my case) S5 seats...for most RS5 buyers, my guess is they will want the seat bling...
Old 02-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by antoff
thanks for sharing broudav..looks like no TI pkg for cabrio.Also there is no 5 V-spoke wheels like the euro model will be available .I was hoping since they have them as an option for cabrio then they will add them for the 2014 coupe as well (
The 5 V-spoke 20" wheels are what I really wanted. Euro spec models also get cooler RS5 optioned seats with diamond stitching. They get all cool toys over there! I think for the US, for whatever reasons, they streamlined and minimized the options we can get. Should still look great overall.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by antoff
would you be able to share the order guide with us ny chance??
It's on the previous page.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by broudav
Great! I'll keep you posted how things go on this end .
I suspect I'm now in the same spot as you. I have an order in the system with a commission number assigned, but no actual build allocation and no pricing information. Having a commission number in the system supposedly means that I'll get an earlier build once an allocation comes through, but I've no idea when that will be. I'm also considering an Audi Exclusive exterior color, so who knows how that will affect things.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by djezstreets
Comfort Package and the neck warmer specifically are a must have to extend the season in colder climates...but seats indeed are "less cool" looking...it's a trade-off.
Assuming the seats are the same as the S5 Cab, I also found the Comfort Package seats FAR more comfortable. Obviously it depends on your body type, but I tried all of the seat options and the Comfort Package were the only ones I liked (I would have gotten them even if it weren't for the neck warmer, but that's a bonus). Like I said last time this topic came up, if you're going to be ordering a car of this value, IMHO it's worth doing some legwork to try to find a stock car with each seat option so you can try them out, even if it requires a bit of driving to another dealership. Obviously if the seats in the RS5 Cab are unique to that car, it's futile, but otherwise I think it's worthwhile...
Old 02-09-2013, 08:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dglasser
I suspect I'm now in the same spot as you. I have an order in the system with a commission number assigned, but no actual build allocation and no pricing information. Having a commission number in the system supposedly means that I'll get an earlier build once an allocation comes through, but I've no idea when that will be. I'm also considering an Audi Exclusive exterior color, so who knows how that will affect things.
Likely so, yet I'm not familiar with the commission number. Yesterday I inquired about the status and was told that it was still with manufacturing. Once the "release order for production" date populates, then we will get an ETA.

I thought about the AE interior, but I often don't keep cars very long and would likely not be able to get enough money out of an upgrade like that. I will say some different colors other than just black and silver would look great!

And talking about money (or losing money) - any thoughts on upgrading the sport exhaust to the system Capristo offers? Sounds amazing. But costs around $4,500.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Picture of the Comfort Package Seats in NA???

Anyone have an actual picture of the comfort package seats from the S5 or RS5 with air scarf so I can see what they look like.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by shpritz
Anyone have an actual picture of the comfort package seats from the S5 or RS5 with air scarf so I can see what they look like.
I just did a search and found this attached photo. The comfort seats of course look a bit different and lose the embossed RS5 logo.
Attached Images  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ordering a RS5 Cabriolet