Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Ordering a RS5 Cabriolet

Old 02-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by broudav
I just did a search and found this attached photo. The comfort seats of course look a bit different and lose the embossed RS5 logo.
Neither of those are the comfort seats on the Cab I think. See link below:

http://autocar-zone.com/2011-audi-s5...s#.URccwPgo6Uk

Plus the middle Recaros can't be ordered in the US.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mike J
Neither of those are the comfort seats on the Cab I think. See link below:

http://autocar-zone.com/2011-audi-s5...s#.URccwPgo6Uk

Plus the middle Recaros can't be ordered in the US.
True - the middle seats are a Euro-spec only option. This picture was found from a discussion about RS5's in Dubai. Just my guess - but it doesn't seem Audi is doing anything truly unique and special for the RS5 cab as it would be of too much expense for them. I bet there's a good chance the seat on the right in the photo is the comfort seat that will be offered in the U.S. Could it be very similar to the comfort seats in the S5? Wouldn't surprise me.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 282 Likes on 202 Posts

I have the comforts seats and they look just like this. Wife and I think they are more comfortable than the standard seats, plus the ventilation is great here in New Mexico.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Excuse my ignorance.

I thought the Cabrio was to be a 2014 model. Why does the ordering guide say 2013?
Old 02-18-2013, 04:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by M3_WC
Excuse my ignorance.

I thought the Cabrio was to be a 2014 model. Why does the ordering guide say 2013?
So did I as all the media mentions of the car say 2014. My concern in ordering the car (which I have) is that it will arrive late (July), and then almost immediately the 2014 will come out. The actual car (2014) will unlikely be changed/different, but value wise, a model year newer.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

So did I as all the media mentions of the car say 2014. My concern in ordering the car (which I have) is that it will arrive late (July), and then almost immediately the 2014 will come out. The actual car (2014) will unlikely be changed/different, but value wise, a model year newer.
I would also note that this order guide doesn't have prices and misspells one of the color names (Estoril Blue). This leads me to conclude that it's either a fake or whoever produced it didn't put it through a proper editing pass. Given that at least two of us received the same guide from authorized dealers, I'm inclined to suspect the latter.

By comparison, http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/e...di_models.html refers to this as a 2014 model.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Has your car actually gone into production? If not, I wouldn't be surprised if your car will actually be a 2014. I heard from a couple dealers they expect 2014 ordering guides in March.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by M3_WC
Has your car actually gone into production? If not, I wouldn't be surprised if your car will actually be a 2014. I heard from a couple dealers they expect 2014 ordering guides in March.
No - not yet. I contacted the salesman regarding the year listed on the order guide and that of the Audi website being incongruent - and also of the issue of the typo on the order guide. He said that the guide is sort of an internal document that isn't for meant for public display - essentially done by hand - and that explained the errors. Still seems odd to me. I'm thinking it will be a 2014 as well.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

The Audi Exchange in Highland Park, Il posted a photo of a RS5 Cab and “it just came in” yesterday on Facebook. Anyone live close-by to take a photo of the window sticker listing the price and options on it?
Old 02-20-2013, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tmiele
The Audi Exchange in Highland Park, Il posted a photo of a RS5 Cab and “it just came in” yesterday on Facebook. Anyone live close-by to take a photo of the window sticker listing the price and options on it?
I just looked at their FB page. They posted a Red S5 Cabriolet but I don't see an RS5. Can you share the link to the RS5 Cab?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ordering a RS5 Cabriolet