Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Question: Can I buy sport exhaust & suspension from Audi?

Old 09-12-2016, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question: Can I buy sport exhaust & suspension from Audi?

Whats up guys, I'm new to the forum and to the Audi owners club. I recently purchased a certified preowned 2013 A5 with 18500 miles. I still have till Dec. 31 2016 under factory warranty, and since it was certified preowned i have a full extended warranty until Dec 31 2018 (or 100k miles but Ill never hit that in two years)

My question: I love my car do not get me wrong, but with the stock setup, you can feel the back pressure in the engine when you are driving. I know throwing an exhaust on here will let her breath much better and relieve some of that pressure, however I know getting an aftermarket one will void the warranty, which I'm not trying to give up free fixes for two years. So I was wondering if I could purchase a sport exhaust from Audi that wouldn't void the warranty?

Also while I'm on the same page, could I purchase a sport suspension from Audi that wouldn't void the warranty? Would love the car 3/4-1inch lower with a little tighter steering. However again I am not trying to go aftermarket and void the warranty.

Anyone have any knowledge of this?

any help would be great! thanks for your feedback everyone
Old 09-12-2016, 06:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long it's after the downpipe you should be fine. Only thing you would be voiding is your exhaust warranty.

Changing springs will void your suspension warranty such as shocks, bushings and end links....it shouldn't but dealers will do that.

Last edited by fasteddy91; 09-12-2016 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

fasteddy thanks for the reply, but I am aware that both of those things will void the warranty

My question is if I can purchase a sport exhaust system and sport suspension from AUDI or AUDI dealership? That are Audi factory parts that won't void the bumper to bumper warranty I have on the car
Old 09-13-2016, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

To the best of my knowledge Audi does not sell or offer a sport exhaust system for the A5 anywhere. Optional sport exhausts are exclusive to RS/R models and some S models such as S6/7.

As for the suspension, I would say you should be able to have a certified dealer retrofit the A5 sport suspension and it should be covered under warranty. However, the factory sport suspension won't give you the drop you are looking for.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

There used to be Stasis dealers that would mirror the Audi warranty, but Audi basically TD1d all Stasis cars and voided their warranties(illegally) causing Stasis to have to pay it all. Unfortunately Stasis is gone now because of it. Most of their products are still available through the non warranteed side called Revo Technik though. But ya as of now nothing from dealer, but simply putting an exhaust on the car will not void a warranty so long as your dealership arent *******s and physically go through and flag your car as TD1. Software however if a dealership has to hook up a computer your car TD1 is automatic and out of their hands. I would check with local audi owners to find a mod friendly dealership for you to take the car to.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Forgot to add, my A4 has been dropped on Solowerks S1 Coilovers and never had an issue with ANY dealership ive been to.
Old 09-17-2016, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default An interesting development in Munich...

I was just reading on the BMWCCA site (I have been a member sine 1998) that BMW is making available sport exhaust and brake upgrades from the dealer that will carry full warrantee. GM and Ford have been doing this for decades. I was hoping that the Stasis/Audi partnership would be stable. I went to an event at Inskip Motors in Rhode island and drove various Stasis Audi's in 2009 and they were great.

Quattro GMBH has not lived up to the level of AMG fro Mercedes or Alpina for BMW. We need to start clamoring…

Happy Motoring

Eric