Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Radio keeps losing presets

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Radio keeps losing presets

about once a month. Anyone having that issue? Also before they are gone I get a message"Channels updating" XM gone, fm still there.. Also I occasionally get a message"XM updating your subscription, about once a month.Very annoying, although not a major issue. Is it worth taking to dealer to fix?
Old 11-19-2017, 03:50 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 282 Likes on 202 Posts

I think it's an issue with SiriusXM, and not the audio system, as the SiriusXM presets in my S5 and Q7 disappeared this week - the AM/FM channels stayed put.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks for the information

Originally Posted by Force-1
I think it's an issue with SiriusXM, and not the audio system, as the SiriusXM presets in my S5 and Q7 disappeared this week - the AM/FM channels stayed put.
good to know
Old 02-06-2018, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having the same exact problem with my '14 SQ5 and it happens after SXM updates. AM/FM stay the same. Audi confirmed that my MMI is all good. SXM tech line was no help what so ever. I might as well have talked to rocks.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My 2014 A5 continues to have this issue!! It is happening MORE frequently now, almost every few weeks as others have noted.
Sometimes they all go away. This week I watched it happen.....and a few of the satellite channels stayed, all the rest went away. No rhyme or reason, it is not like there were channel changes.
And the prior update, they all stayed.

I call Audi support EVERY TIME this happens. This last time I was told they are aware it is an issue but it is still not fixed.
I suggest that when this problem occurs, that is the right approach. Hopefully it will get corrected.

BJBBJB
Old 12-12-2018, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by oskidunker
about once a month. Anyone having that issue? Also before they are gone I get a message"Channels updating" XM gone, fm still there.. Also I occasionally get a message"XM updating your subscription, about once a month.Very annoying, although not a major issue. Is it worth taking to dealer to fix?
As others stated, it a Sirius/XM problem. I lost about half my XM presets earlier this week. I had called them about it before--if they change the channel lineup, then those channels that are reassigned are lost on your radio presets--really slimy. On my 2006 MazdaSpeed 6, this was a very rare problem. on the Audi, it seems common.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AWDfreek
As others stated, it a Sirius/XM problem. I lost about half my XM presets earlier this week. I had called them about it before--if they change the channel lineup, then those channels that are reassigned are lost on your radio presets--really slimy. On my 2006 MazdaSpeed 6, this was a very rare problem. on the Audi, it seems common.
Slimy for sure. However the issue seems to be regardless of channel changes.

I either own or checked with many car brands that have XM. NONE of them have had this problem. Ever. Interesting your Mazda had it though ...

​​​​​​I checked with upper level XM support and of course there is always finger-pointing with software issues but they say it is an Audi issue.

Audi acknowledges it is an issue they are working on so think it is in their court. This was not a casual chat but a followed up researched call.

I do not think XM is going to fix this. Hopefully Audi does.
BJBBJB

Old 12-13-2018, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've got SiriusXM in three rigs... Audi, Corvette, and Acura SUV. Only the Audi loses the presets on occasion after an update (refresh) of the channels. My lay-guess is that is has more to do with an issue with MMI firmware than the SiriusXM service.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I've got the Sirius XM (trial) in my 2016 A5 but haven't had any disappearing presets in the last month. Fingers crossed that it stays that way.
Old 12-17-2018, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the same issue with a twist. After my XM updates, I can't adjust the volume for 5-10 mins and get an error that says "system unavailable". Anyone else get this? The dealer replaced my entire head unit which did absolutely nothing. In the process, that wiped out all of music I loaded onto the jukebox, my owners manual is gone now and all of the vag programming I did was wiped. Wished I did say anything....

Quick Reply: Radio keeps losing presets