Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Rear park assist buzzer location for B8.5 S5 cabriolet

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 10:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear park assist buzzer location for B8.5 S5 cabriolet

I started this thread as "DIY help" but decided to rename it so people could search and find it easier.

My rear park buzzer was not working and the MMI screen to adjust volume for the buzzer was frozen. Someone on the forum has replaced their buzzer and it fixed the problem.

I bought the buzzer part from my local dealer ($52), but they could not tell me where the buzzer was located.

I saw a video on you tube about changing the speakers and it showed how to remove trim pieces, so I took a chance and removed the passenger side rear seat trim piece and speaker panel. To the right of the speaker was the buzzer. After replacing with the new buzzer, my rear sensors are working as they should and the MMI menu list to control the sound is working again! All is well.

Thank you to everyone on these forums who post regularly and help us with the little fixes that would cost a fortune at the dealer but with a little homework can be done on our own, thanks again!!!!!

Last edited by saw1; 08-25-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats on this DIY project!

Here is a money saving tip if you can wait if time is on your side: you may purchase this buzzer (P/N: 8E0919279) from an Ebay vendor for much less than the cost you pay at your local Audi dealer or any online parts store that sell the original part. The ones that come from China just cost around $5 to $15 with mailing cost. The only drawback is that it usually takes a long time to ship parts from China to anywhere in the US or Canada.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for this post, it got me going the right direction, but I wanted to add what I learned to help anyone else who might be looking for this fix.

For reference, my car is a 2011 A5 Coupe Quattro with B&O audio.

The mid panel on the above pictures (brown) is not removable in my car. It is plastic welded to the side panel from behind. So, in my car, could not do what the OP did above. My buzzer was located right behind where the passenger seat belt come out of the wall at the shoulder.

To change it, I had to remove the C panel trim, and pop the wall panel away (did not have to fully remove).

To remove the C panel trim, pry out the airbag logo about 1/4", then work behind it at the side window until the fastener pops. Prying out the logo will not affect the airbag, it is just a panel latch. But, dont stick a screwdriver behind the panel and pry, the air bag is right there. I actually pulled on the logo piece with one hand until I could get my fingers behind against the window, they pressed away from the window till it popped out.

once that is out, lay the seat back forward, and you can put your fingers in where the c panel was removed and pull the side panel out. Only need to pop a few clips to get enough room to reach in and access the buzzer.

Hope this helps someone else trying to do this. Seems like Audi just stuck this stupid buzzer *****-nilly in random places on each car.