Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Rear Passenger access and Front seat repositioning

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 01:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Passenger access and Front seat repositioning

Hi,

I recently bought a 2012 A5 Coupe, today I came across the first design fault. When you allow a rear passenger, you have you then slide the front seat all the way back on the sliders (this crushing your child's legs) to then get the back part of your seat back into position, followed by pulling your seat forward back into position.

If an adult tries it, then there simply not enough room to allow the front seat to go all the way back to get it in position (the only way I can do this is for the adult rear passenger to swing their legs over into the footwell next to them, allowing room for the seat to go back. If there is another passenger in that seat, they have to rest their legs on them while the front seat is put back by the driver or front passenger.

Is their anyway round this?

Or is this a major design fault? If it is, they might as well have made this a 2 seater with a big boot! FFS

Thanks,
Craig
Old 09-20-2017, 11:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think the seat goes back to the last position, not all the way back. At least thats the way I think my 2014 S5 does it.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ADAMS5
I think the seat goes back to the last position, not all the way back. At least thats the way I think my 2014 S5 does it.
Thanks, the drivers seat must be faulty then, possible a part missing as it slides all the way back and touches the back seat..
Old 09-20-2017, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

With my '15 S5 coupe, the few times I've had adults in the rear, after tilting the seatback fwd, we use the toggle control on back of headrest to move the seats fwd enough to allow "easy" entry. Then, once the passengers (in rear) are settled in, I ask them to use the toggle control to move the seat back until they are comfortable with position relative to their legs.

So far, I've had no issue with not having enough room to sit in the driver's seat and my wife has no issue with the front passenger seat either (of course, she's kind of petite so not ever going to be an issue...).

The tallest people (almost 6') that have sat in the rear have mentioned that -- surprisingly -- they were very comfortable. So, I'm giving kudos to Audi Design for actually making a coupe comfortable enough for four adults.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by OlyS5
With my '15 S5 coupe, the few times I've had adults in the rear, after tilting the seatback fwd, we use the toggle control on back of headrest to move the seats fwd enough to allow "easy" entry. Then, once the passengers (in rear) are settled in, I ask them to use the toggle control to move the seat back until they are comfortable with position relative to their legs.

So far, I've had no issue with not having enough room to sit in the driver's seat and my wife has no issue with the front passenger seat either (of course, she's kind of petite so not ever going to be an issue...).

The tallest people (almost 6') that have sat in the rear have mentioned that -- surprisingly -- they were very comfortable. So, I'm giving kudos to Audi Design for actually making a coupe comfortable enough for four adults.
Thanks - had it to the garage, there is a 'lug' missing one of the sliders that stops is sliding all the way to the rear seat. Must be some type of stopper. They are going to order one if they can or of not replace the seat!
Old 12-29-2020, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Anyone have an update here? I have a similar problem with my A4 B8 passenger side. All the functions work except moving forward (moves back up/down, etc). There is no dimming of lights, nothing stuck in the rails and all the wires are plugged in. Any ideas are welcomed.