Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Recommendations requested

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations requested

My 2010 S5 is due to arrive in early August. I'm looking for recommendations on the following modifications:

Clear Bra - I see there are several on the market, so I would ask for recommendations on brand and also installers in the Bucks Co, Montgomery Co, and Phila, Pennsylvania area installers. What can I expect to pay for this product, installed?

Window tinting - I've read the threads that talk about installation horrors with blown amps, etc. So I'm looking for a reputable installer in the same geographic area above. I'm not familar with window tinting, so any advice on the degree of tinting would be appreciated. I don't want too dark so that it's hard to see out of at night. Also, what would one expect to pay for this? I'm assuming it's all windows, excluding the windshield?

I'm probably going to keep the car as stock as possible, with these two exceptions.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I did some research on paint protective cover. Ventureshield film
which is now owned by 3M has a lifetime warranty vs 7 or 8 year warranty by xpel and others. Don't know of any installers in your area but maybe worth asking what they use and warranty against discoloration. In Columbus,Ohio-Full hood, reg fenders, backs of mirror and entire front bumper is $999.00. Good luck

Originally Posted by tiger4366
My 2010 S5 is due to arrive in early August. I'm looking for recommendations on the following modifications:

Clear Bra - I see there are several on the market, so I would ask for recommendations on brand and also installers in the Bucks Co, Montgomery Co, and Phila, Pennsylvania area installers. What can I expect to pay for this product, installed?

Window tinting - I've read the threads that talk about installation horrors with blown amps, etc. So I'm looking for a reputable installer in the same geographic area above. I'm not familar with window tinting, so any advice on the degree of tinting would be appreciated. I don't want too dark so that it's hard to see out of at night. Also, what would one expect to pay for this? I'm assuming it's all windows, excluding the windshield?

I'm probably going to keep the car as stock as possible, with these two exceptions.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hey Tiger did you get this done yet? I'm interested but I really want to see something like this in person. If so, who did you go with?
Old 08-25-2009, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by teky929rr
Hey Tiger did you get this done yet? I'm interested but I really want to see something like this in person. If so, who did you go with?
No, I've only had the car for 5 days. Not sure when I'll get it done, if I end up doing it at all in the end. It's primarily a weekend car for me, so the normal wear and tear won't be the same as for others. Besides, after this large purchase, I need to cool it a bit on the spending. I have a wife and 3 kids, so getting this 3rd car was a delicate negotiation.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got a clear bra on my Brilliant Red 2008 S5 when I bought it several weeks ago. I believe it is 3M. It covers the entire front bumper, half the hood, fenders, and mirrors. I negotiated the work at $850 or so which was apparently dealer cost. I am not sure where they outsourced the work, but it looks good. They said it should never fade, yellow, peel, or bubble. It requires a little extra care when cleaning and waxing... (buy a box of toothpicks/Q-Tips) as dirt likes to accumulate along where the bra stops on the hood, rendering the invisible bra more "visible" at this seam. Otherwise, I (and others) can barely tell it's there. I guess it depends what color your car is. The work went through Audi Willow Grove, but I don't know who their installer is; I think they did a good job.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tiger4366
No, I've only had the car for 5 days. Not sure when I'll get it done, if I end up doing it at all in the end. It's primarily a weekend car for me, so the normal wear and tear won't be the same as for others. Besides, after this large purchase, I need to cool it a bit on the spending. I have a wife and 3 kids, so getting this 3rd car was a delicate negotiation.
Hahaha, I'm in the same boat. I am trying to keep my 01 bmw 330 as my daily if possible. Wife and daughter is happy with the LR3, so as for the S5 it will be all mine!