AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b8-125/)
-   -   The RS5 IS In The House (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b8-125/rs5-house-2842048/)

Gibber 02-05-2013 11:33 AM

The RS5 IS In The House

This car is a real Jeckle & Hyde. I went for a 150 mile jaunt Saturday over a variety of different roads. In Comfort mode, and my insurance agent wife (read safe and sane) in the car the only difference between my 09 S5 and the RS5 was a slightly firmer ride, no clutch peddle, and slightly less low end punch. When I dropped her off, and went for my own little drive I had a completely different car. All I can say is WOW.

I've read all of the threads regarding the price differential between the RS5 and the S5. I will propose that the RS5 is actually a more cost efficient solution. In reality you have two distinctly different cars. It can be every bit as docile as an S5, and still deliver the same eye watering performance as an R8. In fact, it may be a long lonely winter for my R8.

AZAudiFan 02-05-2013 11:56 AM

Congrats, post some pics
! You have the perfect stable of Audi's!

Marshall Placid 02-05-2013 10:45 PM

Congrats.

Happy to hear about another happy RS5 owner.

Just a note about the dynamic mode... if you haven't already foudn out:

If you crave the loud exhaust sound, all you need to do is to put your car into "sports" mode (shift down on D on your gear) and this will open the valves for the loud sounds.

You don't have to be in dynamic mode to get the sound.

You can be in comfort, shift to sports, and you'll still get the loud sounds.

audi01a6 02-06-2013 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Gibber (Post 24404466)
This car is a real Jeckle & Hyde. I went for a 150 mile jaunt Saturday over a variety of different roads. In Comfort mode, and my insurance agent wife (read safe and sane) in the car the only difference between my 09 S5 and the RS5 was a slightly firmer ride, no clutch peddle, and slightly less low end punch. When I dropped her off, and went for my own little drive I had a completely different car. All I can say is WOW.

I've read all of the threads regarding the price differential between the RS5 and the S5. I will propose that the RS5 is actually a more cost efficient solution. In reality you have two distinctly different cars. It can be every bit as docile as an S5, and still deliver the same eye watering performance as an R8. In fact, it may be a long lonely winter for my R8.

where r the pictures dude!!!!!

Gibber 02-06-2013 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Marshall Placid (Post 24404702)
Congrats.

Happy to hear about another happy RS5 owner.

Just a note about the dynamic mode... if you haven't already foudn out:

If you crave the loud exhaust sound, all you need to do is to put your car into "sports" mode (shift down on D on your gear) and this will open the valves for the loud sounds.

You don't have to be in dynamic mode to get the sound.

You can be in comfort, shift to sports, and you'll still get the loud sounds.

I discovered that by accident the other day. Now if I could just figure out how to import a CD into the Jukebox I'd be a happy camper.

ayap 02-08-2013 08:45 PM

C'mon man! Where's the pics :) You can't boast about your car without the pics.