AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b8-125/)
-   -   Tracking Your Audi from Germany (At least to Rhode Island) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b8-125/tracking-your-audi-germany-least-rhode-island-2809782/)

Paradox 02-14-2016 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by snagitseven (Post 24776628)
As has been stated in the past, your salesperson can easily pull up a status report of your order on his system and email it to you in less than five minutes. It will provide several estimated stage dates that update as the process moves forward.

Thank you, but if I was provided that exact information after asking I wouldn't be asking here, lol. The info given to me is varying between my salesman and the general sales manager which is why I had hoped someone here who may have access to the system could simply run the VIN and provide me with the info they see.

snagitseven 02-14-2016 09:46 AM

I believe only the selling dealer or AoA can pull up an order status report and more than just a VIN is required to do so.

Obviously, at least one of them is guessing and too lazy to pull up the report. Did you ask your salesperson to send you a copy of the latest one? If so and you never go it, it would seem a visit in person should get him tapping on his keyboard for you.

My salesperson had no problem sending me an updated report every couple of weeks at my request.

Paradox 02-14-2016 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by snagitseven (Post 24776708)
I believe only the selling dealer or AoA can pull up an order status report and more than just a VIN is required to do so.

Obviously, at least one of them is guessing and too lazy to pull up the report. Did you ask your salesperson to send you a copy of the latest one? If so and you never go it, it would seem a visit in person should get him tapping on his keyboard for you.

My salesperson had no problem sending me an updated report every couple of weeks at my request.

Darn, I was afraid of that, oh well. My dealership is closed today (it's in a state that doesn't allow Sunday sales) but tomorrow I'll be sure to request again the latest order status report. I'd go in person but the dealership is an hour or so away with $15+ tolls involved so this just isn't something I want to drive there for.

Thanks for the feedback, hopefully I can get more info tomorrow then.

in2ba8 04-16-2016 07:47 PM

Type of Transport to dealer

Does anyone know if cars being transported to michigan from Davisville are sent by rail or Truck transport?

73JPS 03-21-2017 07:20 PM

I am totally amazed that this thread ran its course without a single reference to this fascinating story:

https://www.wired.com/2008/02/ff-seacowboys/

snagitseven 03-22-2017 04:12 AM

Since this year old thread was revived, for those awaiting cars to arrive by RoRo ship, don't worry. A bit of body work at the arrival port and all will be good as new.

ggraham 03-28-2017 03:57 PM

I've enjoyed reading this thread as I wait (impatiently) for my S6 to arrive from Neckarsulm. FWIW, if you are wanting to keep track of your new vehicle from port to port you can track it in real time across the open water at no charge. I used marinetraffic.com and subscribed to the SAT add on (requires a valid CC) and includes a free 14 day trial. I then cancelled my subscription to prevent my CC from being charged. The SAT add on stays for your 14 day free trial.

KarKid 05-08-2017 03:48 PM

I need a refresher course on how to track an order. Just put in an order on a S5 coupe. My A6 was totaled in a car accident 2 weeks ago. I'll post my dashcam video of that crash in the A6 forum.

toram23901 06-01-2017 10:56 AM

Hi everyone. I know this thread is in the A5 family forum...but I wanted to ask if anyone knows if the TT's are shipped out of Emden as well. The factory is in Hungary...but I guess it isn't that difficult to ship cars from that factory to Germany for shipping.

But I just wanted to check.

My car is slated for a June 19 departure, so it is getting close...ship tracking would be nice to keep me on the edge of my seat. 8-)

Glisse 06-01-2017 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by toram23901 (Post 24977977)
Hi everyone. I know this thread is in the A5 family forum...but I wanted to ask if anyone knows if the TT's are shipped out of Emden as well. The factory is in Hungary...but I guess it isn't that difficult to ship cars from that factory to Germany for shipping.

But I just wanted to check.

My car is slated for a June 19 departure, so it is getting close...ship tracking would be nice to keep me on the edge of my seat. 8-)

Well, shipping from Hungary would be extremely difficult :)

Post in the TT section, but I strongly suspect it is Emden as well.