Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Tracking Your Audi from Germany (At least to Rhode Island)

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 06:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
As has been stated in the past, your salesperson can easily pull up a status report of your order on his system and email it to you in less than five minutes. It will provide several estimated stage dates that update as the process moves forward.

Thank you, but if I was provided that exact information after asking I wouldn't be asking here, lol. The info given to me is varying between my salesman and the general sales manager which is why I had hoped someone here who may have access to the system could simply run the VIN and provide me with the info they see.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 93 Likes on 43 Posts

I believe only the selling dealer or AoA can pull up an order status report and more than just a VIN is required to do so.

Obviously, at least one of them is guessing and too lazy to pull up the report. Did you ask your salesperson to send you a copy of the latest one? If so and you never go it, it would seem a visit in person should get him tapping on his keyboard for you.

My salesperson had no problem sending me an updated report every couple of weeks at my request.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I believe only the selling dealer or AoA can pull up an order status report and more than just a VIN is required to do so.

Obviously, at least one of them is guessing and too lazy to pull up the report. Did you ask your salesperson to send you a copy of the latest one? If so and you never go it, it would seem a visit in person should get him tapping on his keyboard for you.

My salesperson had no problem sending me an updated report every couple of weeks at my request.
Darn, I was afraid of that, oh well. My dealership is closed today (it's in a state that doesn't allow Sunday sales) but tomorrow I'll be sure to request again the latest order status report. I'd go in person but the dealership is an hour or so away with $15+ tolls involved so this just isn't something I want to drive there for.

Thanks for the feedback, hopefully I can get more info tomorrow then.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Type of Transport to dealer

Does anyone know if cars being transported to michigan from Davisville are sent by rail or Truck transport?
Old 03-21-2017, 07:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am totally amazed that this thread ran its course without a single reference to this fascinating story:

https://www.wired.com/2008/02/ff-seacowboys/
Old 03-22-2017, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 93 Likes on 43 Posts

Since this year old thread was revived, for those awaiting cars to arrive by RoRo ship, don't worry. A bit of body work at the arrival port and all will be good as new.

Last edited by snagitseven; 03-22-2017 at 04:15 AM.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've enjoyed reading this thread as I wait (impatiently) for my S6 to arrive from Neckarsulm. FWIW, if you are wanting to keep track of your new vehicle from port to port you can track it in real time across the open water at no charge. I used marinetraffic.com and subscribed to the SAT add on (requires a valid CC) and includes a free 14 day trial. I then cancelled my subscription to prevent my CC from being charged. The SAT add on stays for your 14 day free trial.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

I need a refresher course on how to track an order. Just put in an order on a S5 coupe. My A6 was totaled in a car accident 2 weeks ago. I'll post my dashcam video of that crash in the A6 forum.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi everyone. I know this thread is in the A5 family forum...but I wanted to ask if anyone knows if the TT's are shipped out of Emden as well. The factory is in Hungary...but I guess it isn't that difficult to ship cars from that factory to Germany for shipping.

But I just wanted to check.

My car is slated for a June 19 departure, so it is getting close...ship tracking would be nice to keep me on the edge of my seat. 8-)
Old 06-01-2017, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by toram23901
Hi everyone. I know this thread is in the A5 family forum...but I wanted to ask if anyone knows if the TT's are shipped out of Emden as well. The factory is in Hungary...but I guess it isn't that difficult to ship cars from that factory to Germany for shipping.

But I just wanted to check.

My car is slated for a June 19 departure, so it is getting close...ship tracking would be nice to keep me on the edge of my seat. 8-)
Well, shipping from Hungary would be extremely difficult

Post in the TT section, but I strongly suspect it is Emden as well.

Quick Reply: Tracking Your Audi from Germany (At least to Rhode Island)