Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Tracking Your Audi from Germany (At least to Rhode Island)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Default question on tracking S5 Sportback order

Hi --

Thought I'd ping this thread to see if anyone can help me with my desire to stalk my new car before it arrives..... I have an S5 Sportback on order to be delivered to my dealer in California.

The latest dates from Audi as of early this week are:

Production Complete
06/19/2017
Ship Departure
07/01/2017 (ETA)
Domestic Port Arrived
08/04/2017 (ETA)
Released to Carrier
08/08/2017 (ETA)

However, when I go to the PWL.de site to find out what ship the order is on, these dates don't line up with their shipping schedule. They don't have a ship departing Emden on 7/1 and there's only one US West Coast arrival (on July 20), not on 8/1.

Anyone else in the same boat (haha) where the Audi dates aren't matching up with the ship schedule?
Old 06-23-2017, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scoopman
Hi --

Thought I'd ping this thread to see if anyone can help me with my desire to stalk my new car before it arrives..... I have an S5 Sportback on order to be delivered to my dealer in California.

The latest dates from Audi as of early this week are:

Production Complete
06/19/2017
Ship Departure
07/01/2017 (ETA)
Domestic Port Arrived
08/04/2017 (ETA)
Released to Carrier
08/08/2017 (ETA)

However, when I go to the PWL.de site to find out what ship the order is on, these dates don't line up with their shipping schedule. They don't have a ship departing Emden on 7/1 and there's only one US West Coast arrival (on July 20), not on 8/1.

Anyone else in the same boat (haha) where the Audi dates aren't matching up with the ship schedule?
This is what happened in my case...

For my TT, I pinged my sales guy for an update and was told that my car was completed production on May 30. The ETA for ship departure was set for June 19.

At that time, PWL did not even show any ship schedule past the first week of June.

So I waited till mid June when the schedule came out and saw that the ship schedule was set at June 21 for the Splendid Ace (you probably see that same schedule right now). Since it was a different date than what was given me by my sales guy, I pinged him again to get a more "accurate" and up to date ETA.

To my surprised, my car had already left Emden at the first week of June. It actually made it to the port and loaded onto the ship that left on June 8th.

SO...my point is that the scheduled dates that are given by your sales guy that shows ETA for ship departure is most likely not accurate at all. It is a mere ballpark. Check the ships that leaves before and after that date.

Check back with your sales guy when the ship before the date leaves port and if it does not say ETA anymore, you know what ship your car is on.

Going to the west coast....it's going to be a longer wait than me. Mine "should" be on the train now...I know the feeling you must have. Good luck.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks for the quick reply .... so it does appear that the dates are estimates and aren't exact.

If I assume my car bound for the US West Coast will probably be on a West Coast ship, it'll probably arrive early on July 20. If they ship it to Houston instead, it's probably even sooner....
Old 08-17-2017, 05:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hello - I ordered an all road and was told that it had a ship departure (ETA) of 7/25. It is still in transit. I looked at the website linked way above and it's now Aug so I don't know the July departures. Can someone help me?
Old 08-30-2017, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Port of Houston

Does anyone else have a new Audi inbound to the Port of Houston? My allroad isn’t finished production until this week so I’ll probably be fine but a quick look at Marine Traffic shows dozens and dozens of ships backed up with the port closed since Friday.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cha777
Ok....so you're excited. You ordered your new car that is coming from Ingolstadt or Neckarslum and coming to the Northeast/Midwest/Southeastern US. If you've done this with BMW before you know it's pretty simple but Audi make it a little harder. This is a guide based on my own experiences on how I was able to track delivery of my Audi S5 Cabriolet all the way to the dealership. Here are the steps:

1. Get the ETA "loaded on ship date" from your dealership. I haven't found resources to track between factory and Emden but it really doesn't matter.

2. Go to Die PWL Gruppe, click on the English flag for English language. Click on "schedules" on the left and scroll to the bottom to Volkswagen Logistics. Click on the PDF file associated with Volkswagen Logistics. This brings-up a file that has the current schedule. Note the ship that corresponds with your loaded on ship date. Download the document because it changes regularly.

3. If, for the current example right now, the ETA is for your car to be loaded at Emden and arrive at Davisville port on August 10 and 22 respectively, you're car will travel on the Cougar Ace. My car came in on this ship. Follow this like and search Google for more amazing stories about what this ship went through in 2006.

4. Once you know which ship you're on, go to either marine traffic or vesseltracker.

5. Find out from your dealership when the car was loaded on the ship. Ensure that the dates have not changed (I was originally on the Cougar Ace, changed to Neptune Ace, and then changed back to Cougar Ace which is the ship that my car got sent on).

6. Start tracking the ship. You can track it until it's off the Irish coast or through the North Sea depending on its destination track. You can see the ship "reappear" again around Halifax. It will disappear between Halifax and Quonset Port in Davisville, RI. Remember, unless you pay mucho $$, you will get delayed positions so don't pound your head against the wall if you don't see the ship there the day that it is supposed to be there.

7. The ships can get delayed. Cougar Ace got delayed at Zeebruge and Halifax for a total of 3 days. Many of the RO-RO carries are owned by either Wallenius-Wilhelmsen, Hoegh Lines, or Mitsui OSK lines to name a few. WW lets you track by VIN number so you can actually track your car by VIN for free. The Cougar Ace is owned by Mitsui OSK which does not allow public VIN tracking, but if you know which ship you are on, you can track the schedule here.

8. Once the ship leaves Davisville, your car has (most likely....hopefully) been offloaded. Your car is now with Norad, Inc being processed at the port. All port-installed accessories are being installed, checks are being made, and it's getting loaded on truck or rail to get to the dealership. (I'll regret it everyday to Sunday, but a little birdie gave me a number to talk with somebody at the port office and track the car at this point by VIN for ETA to dealership but I was sworn to secrecy. If you can figure it out, you've done so on your own).

9. If your car is going to the Western side of the US, it's going to Houston or San Diego (from what I've gathered...not sure for certain). I have nothing else to say about that.

So for all you OCD people like me, you know how to track your car from Germany to the eastern US. Please feel free to add to the thread or ask questions.
Subscribed!

Thanks a Million!
Old 10-30-2017, 01:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So cool that a six year old post is still valid and providing valuable information in 2017! I just bought a RS3 in transit and was able to figure out what ship it is on and where it currently is thanks to this thread! Very excited to watch my car make it's way to me.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The production of your Audi S4 is complete. Your vehicle is now on its way to the port of Emden, where it will be scheduled to start its journey across the ocean to the United States. Soon, you’ll be behind the wheel of your custom-ordered and uniquely personal Audi S4. Once your vehicle arrives in the United States, I’ll contact you to schedule your delivery.

Until then, I invite you to explore helpful online content that explains some of the most technologically advanced features of your new Audi vehicle.

So I got that^ email today!

I am assuming my car will be loaded on the Adriatic Highway loading in Elden on February 26, and due into Davisville, RI March 9th. There is the Viking Conquest loading February 20/21 (right now, in Germany) Can I assme since i got the email today, my car will take a couple days to get to Emden? And will likely be on the Adriatic Highway and not the Viking Conquest. There is another ship being loaded on the 28th the Hoegh Bangkok due in Davisvile on March 12.
‘Anyone know how long from the factory to Emden?
Old 02-24-2018, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It would be nice to have my S4 cross the Atlantic on the Viking Conquest. ��
Old 03-29-2019, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cha777
Could you please help me how do I read this? I got an email today (3/29) that the vehicle is now on its way to the port of Emden.
In my COMM# report, it's going to stop at Houston.
Ship Departure 04/10/2019(ETA)
Domestic Port Arrived 05/06/2019(ETA)

What Ship no and Vessel Name should I track?

Quick Reply: Tracking Your Audi from Germany (At least to Rhode Island)