Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Troglodyte S5 Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Troglodyte S5 Build

Purchased in May 2012 just completed first round of mods, 600 miles on the clock. No before pictures.

2012 S5 Coupe V8 in Monsoon Grey (Prestige/Audi Drive Select)

First mod took place at delivery, had ordered front license plate delete, part was at dealer for delivery. Installed in parking lot before driving home.

Wheels:
HRE P44SC in gloss silver. 20x10 all around with staggered offset, low conical profile in front/medium in rear. Michelin Super Sports 265/30R20 tires.

Suspension:
KW H.A.S. adjustable spring kit allowing retention of Audi Drive Select.

Exhaust:
Akrapovic Slip On with titanium tips, center muffler retained to prevent drone. Wireless Kit.

Miscellaneous:
AWE Tuning S-FLO filter
Complete Interior LED swap
LED license plate kit

Detailed and Photographed:

Old 06-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

very nice car, how are you liking the grey? Around the NW a lot of cars are one grey or another, not sure if I'm going to go that way or black yet. Not that black is any better around here, just needs more cleaning.
You said you did a "complete interior led swap out" what did that entail?
I understand that the new 2013s come with led plate lights.
How is the overall ride on the 20" rims
Old 06-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by chris9995
very nice car, how are you liking the grey? Around the NW a lot of cars are one grey or another, not sure if I'm going to go that way or black yet. Not that black is any better around here, just needs more cleaning.
You said you did a "complete interior led swap out" what did that entail?
I understand that the new 2013s come with led plate lights.
How is the overall ride on the 20" rims
Like the Grey, has plenty of metallic flake, cleans and polishes up very nicely. I love to detail and would not buy black car, just too hard to keep looking nice. LED is just swapping out the twelve interior bulbs. Need T25 for overhead screw in sunglasses holder rest pop off by being pryed on the side with indent in plastic, would recommend buying plastic pry tool vs using anything metal. Exercise in patience. With the KW springs and 20" rims the ride is fine, maybe not quite as soft and cushy as stock, but not horrible or uncomfortable in anyway. I have ADS so can choose mode and seldom select "comfort" setting anyway.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Very nice!!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

That's hot!!!!
Old 06-22-2012, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Beautiful car! Just goes to show how the '12 front end had so much more character than the '13.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good god - that is beautiful

Looking for a 2009/2010 and grey is an awesome colour - thanks for the post.

Walked away from a 2010 potential buy today - black - $50K and lots of scratches

BP
Toronto

Originally Posted by Troglodyte
Purchased in May 2012 just completed first round of mods, 600 miles on the clock. No before pictures.

First mod took place at delivery, had ordered front license plate delete, part was at dealer for delivery. Installed in parking lot before driving home.

Wheels:
HRE P44SC in gloss silver. 20x10 all around with staggered offset, low conical profile in front/medium in rear. Michelin Super Sports 265/30R20 tires.

Suspension:
KW H.A.S. adjustable spring kit allowing retention of Audi Drive Select.

Exhaust:
Akrapovic Slip On with titanium tips, center muffler retained to prevent drone. Wireless Kit.

Miscellaneous:
AWE Tuning S-FLO filter
Complete Interior LED swap
LED license plate kit

Detailed and Photographed:

Old 06-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Audi Advocate
Looking for a 2009/2010 and grey is an awesome colour - thanks for the post.

Walked away from a 2010 potential buy today - black - $50K and lots of scratches

BP
Toronto
Hang in there wait till it is just right, it will happen. Black is a nightmare I love to detail and I would not buy black as a daily driver. Maybe as a garge queen, just about impossible to keep looking great.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Amen - good advice

The car had been on the lot 6 months - offered "in the high $40's" they dropped $900 from $50,900 - it has 76,000km and has been used as a rental - we walked.

No black for me - bad luck!

p.s. never shop St.Catharines Audi VW - they have no idea of the market ...

Hang in there wait till it is just right, it will happen. Black is a nightmare I love to detail and I would not buy black as a daily driver. Maybe as a garge queen, just about impossible to keep looking great.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Great looking car. I've also got a 2012 Monsoon Grey S5. Got it late last year - currently 4K on the odometer.

I haven't applied any polish or wax to mine yet and I can see a big difference in the depth of the finishes between yours and mine. What product do you use on the paint?

I'm a big fan of Zaino and will probably get some of their products on the paint soon.

Matt

Quick Reply: Troglodyte S5 Build