Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

US insurance premiums for RS5 going up?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geico used to have a reputation of not wanting to insure performance vehicles--maybe that's still true and the RS5 now fits into that category for them.

How's your credit rating? Most insurance companies are now using your credit score as a factor in determining your rates. Is it legal? Not sure, but law suits are challenging...

As for loyalty, I have a different story. I've been with State Farm for 40+ years. I did not like how they handled a claim so I did some shopping around with other majors including one well know one that caters to the military and is know for deep discounts. No one could significantly beat State Farm for my 5 cars and homeowners. They told me because of very few claims and the long-time customer discounts, I was getting a really good price. I stayed with State Farm.

BTW, insurance rates differ dramatically in different parts of the country within the same insurance company, so it can be really difficult to compare unless you live nearby each other. It can also be very different between two adjacent zip-codes--lots of factors go into the rates.

(I'm not associated with any insurance companies in any way)