AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b8-125/)
-   -   What boring colors (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b8-125/what-boring-colors-2750428/)

vagthedog 05-03-2009 07:48 AM

What boring colors

It's a shame that we get such limited color options for such a visually exciting car. How many shades of silver/grey can we possible need - Silver, Monza silver, Quartz grey, Sahara silver. Then there is Meteor Grey that's not grey at but can't make up it's mind wether it's green or blue (no offence MG owners). DSB that looks black in anything but direct sunlight. Oh yeah Phantom Black is nice but you can't have it on A5. Why??
It would be great to see more colors - why not a nice blue that's in between Aruba and DSB (maybe like BMW Lemans Blue), burnt orange, dark brown metallic, dark cherry? Sorry for venting, still love the car.

pierreb 05-03-2009 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by vagthedog (Post 23780522)
It's a shame that we get such limited color options for such a visually exciting car. How many shades of silver/grey can we possible need - Silver, Monza silver, Quartz grey, Sahara silver. Then there is Meteor Grey that's not grey at but can't make up it's mind wether it's green or blue (no offence MG owners). DSB that looks black in anything but direct sunlight. Oh yeah Phantom Black is nice but you can't have it on A5. Why??
It would be great to see more colors - why not a nice blue that's in between Aruba and DSB (maybe like BMW Lemans Blue), burnt orange, dark brown metallic, dark cherry? Sorry for venting, still love the car.

There is Sprint Blue...then you can also get other colors via Audi Exclusive...

DoubleDoom 05-03-2009 08:54 AM

There are around 15 colours available from the standard range without needing to use the Audi Exclusive option. In fact there may be more now as I saw a metalic brown one recently and I dont recall that being in the guide (although they may have done exclusive).

Inclined 05-03-2009 10:02 AM

It's the world we live in now - more technie/digital/"virtual"/"indoors" and less organic/analog/"real"/"outdoors" -contrary to our supposed rediscovered love of the outdoors and saving our environment . Drive by any car row and it's acres of silver/grey variants , beige ,white and "blacks" , whether Toyotas or Porsches , reflecting the same colors of the products most consumers find indispensible : their TV,phones and computers.

When I bought my first Porsche 25 years ago, 50% were Guards Red and 80% of Ferraris were Rossa Corsa ( bright red) . Now both those brands sell few red cars -silver/grey even outsells red on new Ferraris .

Everywhere I go, people all say how much they love my Sprint Blue S4 - they say it is such a happy color and gives them a good feeling sine it looks like the sky on a beautiful sunny day . What they are really saying is that " tones " such as silver/grey/beige are the car equiv of a cloudy day, I guess, lol.

pierreb 05-03-2009 10:31 AM

not in the US.

Inclined 05-03-2009 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by pierreb (Post 23780586)
not in the US.

Certainly the case here in Silicon Valley

pierreb 05-03-2009 05:55 PM

really, you have 15 colors to pick from in Silicon Valley?

Inclined 05-03-2009 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by pierreb (Post 23780810)
really, you have 15 colors to pick from in Silicon Valley?

your reply was to my first post, so I assume you were replying to that, since you didn't reference DoubleDoom's comment

SFV A4 05-04-2009 12:46 AM

Every Audi should come in Stratos Blue. =)

pierreb 05-04-2009 05:17 AM

ah but I did, in threaded view :)