Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

winter tires for A5?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default winter tires for A5?

I bought a 2016 Audi A5 this spring and it's time to put winter tires on it. I've been told I can downsize to 18" or 17" tires. Are there advantages to doing so? Are there advantages to remaining on 19" tires?
Obviously I will need to purchase matching wheels, too!
I am in Ontario, Canada, in case any have specific recommendations/thoughts.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

If you're just looking for winter wheels, you can downsize as far as the disc brakes will let you.

Reducing wheel size won't really do much for traction, but reducing wheel width will. You can put on more narrow wheels and have a huge impact on traction. The only advantage to smaller wheel diameter I can think of is you can get cheaper tires for winter abuse.

I run a winter set and a summer set of wheels. The winter set are basically just the stock wheel with an all season tire, the summer set are aftermarket wheels with a high performance tire.
Old 11-17-2022, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default How are people jacking up your cars

How are all of you lifting your cars, Jack right on the plastic lift points? Adapter that fits in the “hot dog” jacking point? Other?

Have a 23 Q7 and not a fan of the plastic Jack points. Ordered an adapter, but was the wrong size. Skeptical of just putting the jack directly to the bottom of the jacking pad. New adapter on order, but if that one doesn’t work I might just resolve to using the floor Jack in the car until I figure out a better plan.