Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 11:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Celtic Diver
I wonder if you can buy the RS5 accelerometer and if there a place to plug it in on an S5? Also, you can turn on the display with OBD Eleven, but would it work if you could just plug the accelerometer in?
Why would you go to so much hassle for such a useless feature? I’ve used it once for about a minute before I’ve switched to a more useful display.
The following users liked this post:
dawued (07-21-2022)
Old 10-16-2018, 11:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by fwd55
UK gets matrix headlights, NA gets no stop/start. Not sure who got the better of this!
The only good thing about the matrix headlights is the dark housing. I am seriously disappointed in mine and wouldn’t have specc’d them if I’d know they only work on high beam.

Test drove a CLS a few years ago and the matrix headlights on it worked continuously. The effect was fantastic. Audi’s implementation on the A5 is a let down.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Derboy

Why would you go to so much hassle for such a useless feature? I’ve used it once for about a minute before I’ve switched to a more useful display.
i didn't say I would - just was asking the question on feasibilty...
Old 10-17-2018, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 238 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Derboy

I would, if just to say I could. We all make modifications to suit our own tastes. Pluging a module in and enabling the display certainly does not seem much of a hassle to me. I was able to set up the display properly with the OBD11, it just didn’t show anything other then changing from white to red once I started moving. As a result I removed it from the display.
The following users liked this post:
dawued (07-21-2022)
Old 10-25-2018, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I added three to the file (also listed below). I've been finding some various codes online for similar vehicles that are written in a different format. I managed to figure out the first one below which was written online like this: MOD - UDS Adaptation Channel: IDE05984-Directional stabilization assist driver inact deactiv threshold, Stored value Late.
Is there some sort of a way to go from those IDE numbers to the specific location in ODB11 that I'm missing? The IDE number seems like it could be a memory location, but I'm not seeing a direct correlation in ODB11. Theres another one I've found that supposedly displays the 360 camera when the optical park sensors are triggered, but I can't seem to locate it in ODB11.
1. Instruments 09 - Adaptation

2. ORIGINAL - UDS Adaptation Channel: IDE01170-Visual display for park assist
Stored value with OPS display
2. MOD - UDS Adaptation Channel: IDE01170-Visual display for park assist
Stored value with OPS 360°

My Additions:

Increase Delay for Driver Inactivity for Lane Assist
Description: Supposedly increases the delay before you get the nag alert saying that you need to be steering when using lane assist.
ODB11 Front Sensors Driver Assistance System (A5)
Adaptation
Directional stabilization assist driver intact deactiv threshold
Default value: Medium, New Value: late

Leave Fog Lights On When High Beams On Does not appear to work
Description: Fog lights won’t shut off when turning on high beams
ODB11 Central Electrics (09)
Long Coding
shut_off_fog_light_at_highbeam_or_flash
Default Value: active, New Value: not_active

Daytime Running Lights Ramp Up/Down When Using Turn Signals
Description: Instead of instant on/off for daytime running lights, they dim down/up when turn signals turned on.
Long Coding
drl_at_indication_config
Default Value: full_available, New Value: dimming_to_sl

Last edited by TanStarfield; 11-02-2018 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

So, I coded Auto High beam, but unlike my BMW's that have had auto high beam, it doesn't seem to take ambient lighting into account before it puts the high beams up. It constantly goes up and down up and down, even on a really well lit city street if it doesn't see lights from cars. Is there anyway to change the sensitivity?
Old 10-25-2018, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by TanStarfield
I added three to the file (also listed below). I've been finding some various codes online for similar vehicles that are written in a different format. I managed to figure out the first one below which was written online like this: MOD - UDS Adaptation Channel: IDE05984-Directional stabilization assist driver inact deactiv threshold, Stored value Late.
Is there some sort of a way to go from those IDE numbers to the specific location in ODB11 that I'm missing? The IDE number seems like it could be a memory location, but I'm not seeing a direct correlation in ODB11. Theres another one I've found that supposedly displays the 360 camera when the optical park sensors are triggered, but I can't seem to locate it in ODB11.

My Additions:

Increase Delay for Driver Inactivity for Lane Assist
Description: Supposedly increases the delay before you get the nag alert saying that you need to be steering when using lane assist.
ODB11 Front Sensors Driver Assistance System (A5)
Adaptation
Directional stabilization assist driver intact deactiv threshold
Default value: Medium, New Value: late

Leave Fog Lights On When High Beams On
Description: Fog lights won’t shut off when turning on high beams
Long Coding
shut_off_fog_light_at_highbeam_or_flash
Default Value: active, New Value: not_active

Daytime Running Lights Ramp Up/Down When Using Turn Signals
Description: Instead of instant on/off for daytime running lights, they dim down/up when turn signals turned on.
Long Coding
drl_at_indication_config
Default Value: full_available, New Value: dimming_to_sl
You're awesome. I have low beams on with high beams set already. Can't wait to set the fogs to not turn off now too. Thank you!

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 10-25-2018 at 07:14 AM.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely a useful thread.

Anyone know why the VW Tiguan has so many cool tweaks we don't appear to have (e.g. close windows automatically when raining)?
Old 10-25-2018, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
You're awesome. I have low beams on with high beams set already. Can't wait to set the fogs to not turn off now too. Thank you!
Do the lows turn off when the highs are tuned on from the factory?
Old 10-25-2018, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TanStarfield
Theres another one I've found that supposedly displays the 360 camera when the optical park sensors are triggered, but I can't seem to locate it in ODB11.

This one doesn't actually do anything. You can change between the camera and graphic view via the right bracket menu, but there are a few firmware versions where it doesn't stick and eventually reverts back to graphic.

Quick Reply: ***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)