Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
Use the coding in the document. It should increase your range.
Should I put the Apps back to active, before doing the long coding?
Old 12-09-2018, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

What about the ambient lighting inside - the door handles, under the door trim, around the center console, etc.????

Originally Posted by MRA5SB
I do have the light scenario coding set to ALL LIGHTS and the OH console button for the door activation is on (red light on) and lights are on Auto. Assuming its dark enough outside, when I get out of my car all the interior lights turn on, all 4 door handle lights turn on, and of course the headlights are on because it is dark. Once I close my door, the headlight and the door handle lights go out after 10 or 15 seconds, 5 or 10 seconds after that all the interior lights fade out. If I exit and lock the car immediately (either via key fob or handle sensor) all the interior and exterior lights turn off right away.
If I unlock via key fob or the door handle - all interior lights, headlight, tail light, and door handle lights turn on.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put the apps back to the original settings, then went into the long code area and set the parameters to not active. I still don't have any more range to my key fobs, and now I get this fault. I clear it, but it keeps coming back. Can any of you help me out?

Old 12-13-2018, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Thes6isWicked
What about the ambient lighting inside - the door handles, under the door trim, around the center console, etc.????
No, only the overhead lights and the led strip on the front door B&O speaker grill turn on.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Ok - that is equivalent to my pre-modded, factory vehicle.
I've successfully modded the lighting to allow ALL the ambient lights to turn on when you enter the car, under most circumstances.
So far, it only works with the driver's door, but I'll continue playing.

Originally Posted by MRA5SB
No, only the overhead lights and the led strip on the front door B&O speaker grill turn on.
Old 12-16-2018, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Curious how many here have coded “DRL’s on with Turn Signal and Scandinavian DRLs (Tail lights on with DRLs)” vs just “Daytime Running Lights Ramp Up/Down When Using Turn Signals”
Old 12-17-2018, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Xenny
Curious how many here have coded “DRL’s on with Turn Signal and Scandinavian DRLs (Tail lights on with DRLs)” vs just “Daytime Running Lights Ramp Up/Down When Using Turn Signals”
I have mine set to ramp.
Old 12-17-2018, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Xenny
I went with 'Scandinavian', I like the idea of tails always on, then coded the front orange markers always off. Frankly, all cars should have full time front and rear DRLs, as well as auto-only (no 'OFF' position) headlights. This will be law in Canada in the next few years, too many idiots driving at night with DRLs only (and no tails) because they don't realize that their headlights aren't on because their dash is lit. FWIW, I had my B8 A5 set to keep the DRL on with turn signals (no wink), but they didn't dim like they do on the B9, much better like this.

Last edited by fwd55; 12-17-2018 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the help of iampraneel and a bit of digging, I'm putting together a list of OBDEleven coding changes that is possible for the B9 platform into one document. I will regularly update it as I figure things out or find new additions. The document is attached.

Mods: Can we make this a sticky, please?

Google Docs Here: https://goo.gl/WDR7BW
Hi, is there a code to keep the DRL brightness on while switched to side lights? I like the brightness of the DRL while driving when the sky is starting to get dark but with DRL on, there's normally no side lights. And when side lights are turned on, the DRL becomes way dim. Also, if the brightness can be adjusted. I read somewhere that it could done. Thanks.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

With the help of iampraneel and a bit of digging, I'm putting together a list of OBDEleven coding changes that is possible for the B9 platform into one document. I will regularly update it as I figure things out or find new additions. The document is attached.

Mods: Can we make this a sticky, please?

Google Docs Here: https://goo.gl/WDR7BW

Thank you for making this list. I’ve been reading a lot about coding. Most of the things here are already in OBDEleven apps. I’ve been reading about Traffic Sign Recognizion and I got mixed info. Some people say it needs a colour camera, but some say it will work if you have a front assist camera, and just need to code the software to make it work. I have a 2018 A5 sportback with premium plus package. Would anyone know if I can have any features unlocked? Thank you in advance.

Quick Reply: ***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)