Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by rccoleman
So, not actually working yet. I remain skeptical.
it appears so. Even thought they have a video saying that it was a 2018 model driving with VIM. I wonder the software version I have is the latest, so they don't have a solution yet.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:21 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

@stwus — Thank You for doing the research and posting back. I remember reading that the pre-2018 MMI equipped cars were able to get VIM through the OBDEleven - but there were changes made within the MMI that prevented that on the 2018’s.

Hopefully this company is exploring ways to get around this new implementation to prevent VIM. I know in aftermarket head units that block VIM. There is an inexpensive “black box” that tells the head unit that the parking brake is still on / the transmission is still in park but since Audi is using a logic bus control, I’m pretty sure that solution would not work.

Thank You, again. Please post up any changes.

— John
Old 02-12-2019, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nikon1
@stwus — Thank You for doing the research and posting back. I remember reading that the pre-2018 MMI equipped cars were able to get VIM through the OBDEleven - but there were changes made within the MMI that prevented that on the 2018’s.

Hopefully this company is exploring ways to get around this new implementation to prevent VIM. I know in aftermarket head units that block VIM. There is an inexpensive “black box” that tells the head unit that the parking brake is still on / the transmission is still in park but since Audi is using a logic bus control, I’m pretty sure that solution would not work.

Thank You, again. Please post up any changes.

— John
You are welcome. VIM lock is really annoying. Why give us a DVD player or the capability to watch videos when we can't have it running for the passenger? I mean how many people actually sit in their cars to watch videos while the car in not in motion?
Old 02-12-2019, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just grab the exterior handle for 2 secs until the red alarm light starts on the window sill.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by illegallyblind1
Just grab the exterior handle for 2 secs until the red alarm light starts on the window sill.
What does this do?
Old 02-12-2019, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry - first posting. This was in response to people asking how to fold the side mirrors back when leaving the vehicle. My bad
Old 02-12-2019, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

"

Automatic Parking Brake when turning off Car

Description: Engages the parking brake when you turn off the car
  • Brakes
  • Adaptation
  • Automatic Parking Brake
  • Change From Not Active to Active
  • Press and hold green check mark to accept"
When I try this, I get a request to enter a PIN. The app wont accept the changes without it.

Also, is there any way to set the side mirrors to automatically unfold when the door is unlocked? I currently have them set to fold-up when the door is locked, but they won't unfold until the ignition is turned on.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by channey13
"

Automatic Parking Brake when turning off Car

Description: Engages the parking brake when you turn off the car
  • Brakes
  • Adaptation
  • Automatic Parking Brake
  • Change From Not Active to Active
  • Press and hold green check mark to accept"
When I try this, I get a request to enter a PIN. The app wont accept the changes without it.
Security code: 40168. It was the first one that popped up as a suggestion in OBDEleven and it worked for me. It looks like that's missing from the document and I'll add it.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Any more deals going on with the OBDEleven? Last time I looked there are a few varieties and I want to make sure I get the right "version". I just want to program my DRL to stay on with the signal and the front camera speed threshold.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rccoleman
Security code: 40168. It was the first one that popped up as a suggestion in OBDEleven and it worked for me. It looks like that's missing from the document and I'll add it.
Thanks, will try it out this weekend.

Quick Reply: ***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)