Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 97 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by tonysaudi
Thats weird...on my 2019 b9 s5, when I turn on the high beams you can clearly see that the low beams are still on without changing the programming. Does anyone experience the same thing as me?
Flash your high beams while your headlights are in the off position or when the low beams are off (e.g. sunny out). The high beams and low beams will come on with the flash.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Can someone elaborate on this one:

Changing Comfort Turn Signal Count

Description: This will change the number of times the blinker flashes when lightly pressing down on the turn signal stalk. By default, it blinks 3 times.
So when you slightly press on the signal stalk, this will affect the number of times it blinks, BUT it doesnt affect the blinks when the stalk is pressed down fully?

Are people increasing it because it looks better from the outside??
Old 04-18-2019, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

I think it more of a 3 blinks isn't enough for some lane change maneuvers.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by JDA_yeg
[h3]

So when you slightly press on the signal stalk, this will affect the number of times it blinks, BUT it doesnt affect the blinks when the stalk is pressed down fully?

Originally Posted by heymoe
I think it more of a 3 blinks isn't enough for some lane change maneuvers.
Exactly.
Old 04-19-2019, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

[h3]

I believe you may be confused as to the function. The # of blinks when the stalk is pressed down fully is continuous, until you return the stalk to the neutral position. This is not a question of looks.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by audi-one
I believe you may be confused as to the function. The # of blinks when the stalk is pressed down fully is continuous, until you return the stalk to the neutral position. This is not a question of looks.
My confusion stems on the description. Because you can slightly press down while holding on the stalk without pressing it fully down and still activate the turn signal. The description for this coding says "when lightly pressing down"; so I wonder if it just affects the turn signals when you're lightly holding onto it vs when it is fully pressed down. I hope that makes sense?
Old 04-22-2019, 11:12 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,378 Posts

My confusion stems on the description. Because you can slightly press down while holding on the stalk without pressing it fully down and still activate the turn signal. The description for this coding says "when lightly pressing down"; so I wonder if it just affects the turn signals when you're lightly holding onto it vs when it is fully pressed down. I hope that makes sense?
When you “Lightly” press down / up and release the stalk, the Audi will automatically blink the corresponding turn signal 3 times. You can code it to blink either more times or fewer times. This type of “light” lift or press would be used to notify the drivers around you that you are changing lanes.

When you completely press down / lift up the stalk to activated the turn signals for a turn — not a lane change — the turn signal will continue to blink until you’ve completed the turn or manually moved the stalk to the center / off position.

— John
Old 04-22-2019, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

the comfort signal feature is activated by lightly pressing down and then immediately releasing the stalk so it returns to the neutral position. this is what the coding changes, the number of times this feature blinks the turn signal. the description could be better but the title does say "comfort turn signal feature."

this does not affect how the turn signal operates when you lightly depress the turn signal and hold it there manually.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Xenny
the comfort signal feature is activated by lightly pressing down and then immediately releasing the stalk so it returns to the neutral position. this is what the coding changes, the number of times this feature blinks the turn signal. the description could be better but the title does say "comfort turn signal feature."

this does not affect how the turn signal operates when you lightly depress the turn signal and hold it there manually.
Ah that makes so much more sense now. I didn't know what this "comfort signal feature" was to begin with and that it works differently from the normal function. Thank you kindly
Old 04-27-2019, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Automatic Sunroof "popup” based on interior temps?

My first Audi C6 S6 V10, had a solar sunroof that would turn on the interior fans if the interior reached >100d's.
I literally never returned to a hot vehicle.

Has anyone found a setting that might indicate our sunroof's can be popped based on interior temps to evacuate hot air????
Would also be great to have it return to it's original setting if the temp dropped, rain started and/or you started driving....

Just a wish...

Quick Reply: ***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)