Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
Could you just buy the stalk from Audi and install it and have the on off button?
Yeesssssssnoooo. Stalk not easy to replace (remove whole steering wheel), not cheap, and not plug and play. If I recall correctly, someone did it on the thread, but had to have the dealer ran a 'replace stalk components routine', as the car won't just take any new or aftermarket item. I think he still ran into other faults for other items his PP car didn't have. Hence, stalk switch is crossed off my list as an option.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Active Lane Assist coded using OBDeleven but found not having on/off was not good for the twisty roads around where i live so i decided to fit the stalks with button.
Its all plug and play after removing airbag and steering wheel unplug original stalks replace with new, refit steering wheel and airbag, on reconnecting battery dash will be lit up
like a Christmas tree, multiple warnings ranging from airbag to stop go, steering fault and so on, from this point you cannot use OBD you have to code steering angle sensor with VCDS
coding is not widely available unless you can make best friends with your Audi dealer.
Hardest part for me was finding the correct part from Audi as there are many versions of the steering stalks.
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread....359716/page-3
Old 08-09-2018, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by audidave69
I have Active Lane Assist coded using OBDeleven but found not having on/off was not good for the twisty roads around where i live so i decided to fit the stalks with button.
Its all plug and play after removing airbag and steering wheel unplug original stalks replace with new, refit steering wheel and airbag, on reconnecting battery dash will be lit up
like a Christmas tree, multiple warnings ranging from airbag to stop go, steering fault and so on, from this point you cannot use OBD you have to code steering angle sensor with VCDS
coding is not widely available unless you can make best friends with your Audi dealer.
Hardest part for me was finding the correct part from Audi as there are many versions of the steering stalks.
Nice work! And thanks for the detailed information.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Anyone figure out a way to make the massage seats stronger etc?
Old 08-09-2018, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by vince808
Anyone figure out a way to make the massage seats stronger etc?
That uses the lumbar support. I don't think there is a way to make it stronger past the third level already set. That fills it up all the way.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by audidave69
Time to go make friends with a local dealer tech...
Old 08-09-2018, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Updated with Auto High Beams.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Has anyone been able to figure out how to code the European hazards when you brake really hard?
Old 08-15-2018, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys,

I have S5 SB and had an A5 loaner a few days ago. I noticed in its MMI it has the option of Passenger seat under Vehicle setting > Seats. In there are 2 options:
1. To use Driver's side seat control to adjust passenger's position.
2. To sync up passenger's seat position with that of driver's by confirming on MMI.

I then got my S5 SB back, explored in OBDEleven and found:

enabling_easyentry_front_passengers_seat_adjustmen et_by_driver

Putting this to active calls out the additional Passenger seat option in MMI to allow for passenger seat adjustment through Driver's control. However, functionally it does not work (no response).
Also I am missing the option to sync up with driver's position.

Anyone had explored this and may know the solution?
Old 08-15-2018, 09:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Do you have memory seats?
as I think this is the missing link

Quick Reply: ***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)