Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

It’s the little things...

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by N8!
Driver's Assistance Package
Ahhhh...thx

i ordered mine with the assistance package, hopefully it works well and is worth the $$. I had a rental a few weeks back on a biz trip and it had this but was a toyota and the car ping-ponged against each lane marker until one time it missed it and veered all the way into the next lane. The cars behind me probably thought I was drunk but I wanted to see how the car responded and it was horrible!

with the Audi DAP, when you’re in traffic jam mode and the car comes to a stop, how long can you remain stopped until the system deactivated itself? Only time I imagine myself using it is in bumper to bumper rush hour with many stops on my route.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

Automatic Go is disabled after about 3 seconds of no movement. After that you have to hit the stalk or tap the pedal, but I have noticed the car tries its hardest not to come to a complete stop lol - it will inch forward super slow if possible .
Old 12-01-2018, 10:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MRA5SB
Automatic Go is disabled after about 3 seconds of no movement. After that you have to hit the stalk or tap the pedal, but I have noticed the car tries its hardest not to come to a complete stop lol - it will inch forward super slow if possible .

thats not too bad. How’s the steering? Keep it in the lanes with minimal/no intervention?
Old 12-02-2018, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Tbone323

thats not too bad. How’s the steering? Keep it in the lanes with minimal/no intervention?
It's not perfect, but it does a decent job of keeping the car in the lane. I find I use the system a lot, but sometimes I will turn off the steering assist and let the car keep the proper distance from the car ahead of me.
Old 12-02-2018, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

Yeah the lane keep is less well implemented, I find that it will lose the markings on the road every now and then for no reason. I very rarely use that feature but the ACC is a big help in rush hour traffic.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

#1 ACC

And a number of other features I love

Audi pre sense
Side mirror proximity alerts
Adjustable arm rest
Audio volume advance **** on center console/Same for steering wheel
Red led lighting up near door handles for exit assist feature
the clip and pen holder in glove box lid to hold insurance and registration...as well as a writing instrument
Reminder to take your phone with you before you leave the car
Exit phone reminder - need one for wallet as well
Kick sensor trunk open
Seat belt presenter
Massaging seats
Old 12-04-2018, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Tbone323
It’s driver “assist”, not autonomous driving. You can’t keep your hands off the steering wheel for more than 15 seconds.
I think the stop & go function of traffic jam assist works great. I can go for miles without touching the brakes and only tapping the accelerator if stopped for more then 3 seconds.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by lowjdml

It’s driver “assist”, not autonomous driving. You can’t keep your hands off the steering wheel for more than 15 seconds.
I think the stop & go function of traffic jam assist works great. I can go for miles without touching the brakes and only tapping the accelerator if stopped for more then 3 seconds.
Ya, it’s nice in traffic, except for the gap it leaves allowing others to swoop in, even at the closest proximity (Dallas...). Also, you don’t even need to tap the accelerator. Just pull the dap / cruise control stalk forward and voila.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

When the washer fluid gets low enough to show the dash warning, it stops washing the headlights, presumably to save what's left for keeping the windscreen clear as a priority. Neat.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony M
Coming from a BMW 428i, there are many things about the Audi I prefer. The tech is generally more intuitive to me.

But, the first thing I thought of is the "one push" of the stop/start button to turn off. This was 2 pushes in the BMW - one to turn off the engine and one to turn off the ignition. Of course, I'm not fussed about pushing twice - it's just the number of times I restarted the BMW without meaning to. The Audi system just works better.

Honestly, though, I wish they'd use a rotating **** shaped like a key instead of a button. Keep the key-free access, but turn on and start by turning a **** to the right and switch off by turning to the left. That would be far more intuitive for oldies like me. BTW, I understand this is the way Porshe do it.
my 07 RX8 did that. The key was slim, almost like a credit card, but it still has a key hidden inside if the fob ran out of batteries. But yeah, the steering wheel had a removable cap where you pop it out and insert the key and turn in manually. But normal use, you'd have the key in your pocket, turn the ignition and go.

Quick Reply: It’s the little things...