Itís the little things... - Page 16 - AudiWorld Forums

Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Itís the little things...

Old 12-06-2018, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

When the washer fluid gets low enough to show the dash warning, it stops washing the headlights, presumably to save what's left for keeping the windscreen clear as a priority. Neat.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
Coming from a BMW 428i, there are many things about the Audi I prefer. The tech is generally more intuitive to me.

But, the first thing I thought of is the "one push" of the stop/start button to turn off. This was 2 pushes in the BMW - one to turn off the engine and one to turn off the ignition. Of course, I'm not fussed about pushing twice - it's just the number of times I restarted the BMW without meaning to. The Audi system just works better.

Honestly, though, I wish they'd use a rotating **** shaped like a key instead of a button. Keep the key-free access, but turn on and start by turning a **** to the right and switch off by turning to the left. That would be far more intuitive for oldies like me. BTW, I understand this is the way Porshe do it.
my 07 RX8 did that. The key was slim, almost like a credit card, but it still has a key hidden inside if the fob ran out of batteries. But yeah, the steering wheel had a removable cap where you pop it out and insert the key and turn in manually. But normal use, you'd have the key in your pocket, turn the ignition and go.

Old 02-09-2019, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

The 8 button radio station selector is touch sense, if you touch (and not press) the screen will show you which channel is saved in the slot. When you find the station youíre looking for you just press to select.

The auto hatch open was obvious but to close you activtate the switch as normal but you hold it for the entire time the hatch is closing. Great feature for dropping your kids off at school in the parent pickup line and theyíre too short to reach the trunk close button.

In the rear rear hatch the ability to close only or close and lock the car. What a great feature to have both options!
Old 02-13-2019, 10:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Window toggles, moonroof/sunshade toggles, and DAP stalk all have very tactile, two-stage actuation. Press into the first stage and you can make minor adjustments by holding it down as long as you wish. Press into the second stage and it acts as one-touch, completing the action fully by itself after.

I really appreciate that there are so many buttons with that feature and the tactile feedback is very positive.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

For cars with the interior lighting package I though the only colors where red, white and blue. In the individual setting the lights can be changed to yellow, green, purple and various other shades.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ensor gumbs View Post
For cars with the interior lighting package I though the only colors where red, white and blue. In the individual setting the lights can be changed to yellow, green, purple and various other shades.
Yes. I love changing the theme to suit my mood. 🙂
Old 02-16-2019, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Richr View Post

Yes. I love changing the theme to suit my mood. 🙂

I tend to change my mood once I See the Lights!
Old 02-16-2019, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I like the fast forward/rewind feature of the volume **** on the center console!
Old 02-16-2019, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tundraman View Post
I like the fast forward/rewind feature of the volume **** on the center console!
Are you talking about the wheel or the switches along side?
Old 02-16-2019, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Richr View Post

Are you talking about the wheel or the switches along side?
heís talking about the volume **** on the center console. Besides rotating it (volume) and pressing it (mute) you can rock it right (next track/station) and left (previous track/station).

I love that feature too!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Itís the little things...

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: