Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

It’s the little things...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Tbone323
For those with the lighting package, is there any way to change the color of the one down by the speaker? Seems like you can pick the footwell, the led bars on the top of the door and even the projected lighting on the door to whatever color you want but the one down by the speaker is always white.
Starting reading this thread from this point forward:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud.../#post25008304
Old 02-16-2019, 10:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

One really small touch I just noticed today (credit goes to my gf actually who pointed it out) that the front seatbelt buckles have a felt cover on the side next to the center console to prevent it from rubbing/scratching/causing noise.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Have a close look at the little post that the fuel filler cap pushes against. In particular, the tiny locking catch at the end that rotates as the filler cap pushes it in.

This is really a small thing and, quite possibly, a complex answer to a simple question. However, for me, it exemplifies what sets Audi apart - attention to detail.

Wherever I look in and around my car I see things that are just done better than my previous 4 series BMW. As a tiny example, I'd cite the little plastic wings that hide the front seat runners when the seat is pushed back a little. The obvious runners in the BMW just looked a little unfinished for a supposed "luxury" car. I'd have to say most of the details I'm referring to are of dubious real importance apart from making me feel that my car was designed by people with a passion to get it all as right as possible (within the constraints of mass production to a defined cost base).

My wife has a more practical approach and I think she sees my enthusiasm as a bit nerdy. I can't disagree with that, but anything that engenders enthusiasm in this day and age of cutting every cent of expenditure that isn't immediately apparent to all and sundry must be a good thing.

Yes, I love my car for the big things - it's just nice that the little things seem to be carefully thought out as well. I appreciate it and I suspect Audis tend to appeal to people who care about the detail. I can also understand the opposite viewpoint that it's the basic functionality that counts and the simplest solution is likely to be the best in the long run. But, where's the fun in that?
Old 02-17-2019, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by heymoe
Starting reading this thread from this point forward:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud.../#post25008304
thanks for the link, for a minute there I thought I was going crazy! For all of the great design considerations we all highlight in this thread, this one seems silly for them to get wrong.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:23 AM
HA / KC / EЯ

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Tbone323

For those with the lighting package, is there any way to change the color of the one down by the speaker? Seems like you can pick the footwell, the led bars on the top of the door and even the projected lighting on the door to whatever color you want but the one down by the speaker is always white.

I know this was answered by another user by linking to the replacement instructions, but I just wanted to say "No" You cannot change the color of these lights without physically replacing the LED module in the door.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

What's amazing is that you can actually fix it just by swapping the light. So the control mechanism and software was there all along. Which lighting area does it sync with now, once you have the RGB light installed?

PS. What is the best place to source these audi ring LED lights, in OEM quality? I think you can get the chinese ones for $20 but I'm not sure if you can get the ring style and the're a little fuzzy if they're anything like my S-Line lights. Are the B9 puddle lights the same as the B8 ones?

Last edited by belzebutt; 02-17-2019 at 08:27 AM.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rius
One really small touch I just noticed today (credit goes to my gf actually who pointed it out) that the front seatbelt buckles have a felt cover on the side next to the center console to prevent it from rubbing/scratching/causing noise.
Yeah my '02 A6 had that too, it's been around on Audi for a while. nice touch!
Old 02-18-2019, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

I like the way the car is designed.

I was a bit upset that my 1986 5000CD Quattro had FOUR seat memory settings while my S5 has only TWO. First world's problem. Even more annoying is that I have to HOLD those buttons... well that part is no more true. I found out that if you touch one those buttons while the door is open, the seats will keep moving up to the set position. Grrrrreat.

Also I find smart that after shut-off, the radio will continue until the door is open.

Last edited by BlakeV; 02-18-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I love that the interior lighting can change automatically if you set it to Drive Select:
Dynamic Mode - Red lights
Auto Mode - White lights
Comfort Mode - Amber lights
Old 02-19-2019, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BlakeV
I like the way the car is designed.

I was a bit upset that my 1986 5000CD Quattro had FOUR seat memory settings while my S5 has only TWO. First world's problem. Even more annoying is that I have to HOLD those buttons... well that part is no more true. I found out that if you touch one those buttons while the door is open, the seats will keep moving up to the set position. Grrrrreat.

Also I find smart that after shut-off, the radio will continue until the door is open.
You probably are aware of this, but the seat position can be saved to your keys. My wife's settings are on her key and mine are on my key. I never need to touch the buttons on the door.

Quick Reply: It’s the little things...